Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax over IP on my AVAYA CM 6.3 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyavayeng1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2015
US
I have been researching the web for solutions, and only found 1...that isn't working for me...
I have an AVAYA CM 6.3 running on G450's with 4524-GT's as our VOIP POEs.
Our main PBX feeds remote locations.
Once of the remote locations is fed by fiber only...
so I have an AVAYA POE switch (4524GT) to provide VOIP Phones.
There is no copper going to the building...and they have a fax machine.
The only device I found AVAYA tested compatibility with is: an Audio Codes MP 112 Voip Gateway. Shows an interoperability test done in their labs.
The only issue I have is... I don't have AVAYA SESSION MANAGER.
Does anyone know of a way around this by using the MP112 device, or a Cisco SPA112 Device... something else?

Thanks!

Sorry, the link you provided isn't opening.
If I set it up H323, wouldn't I have to create a SIP trunk to it?

Thanks, Mike.
I see one potential issue with the supported document... I had a Vendor Set up Customer Options, and it is locked due to Licensing. The MAx Admin IP trunks is not 0 because I use IP trunks. the ARS/AAR dialing without FAC is NOT enabled... Do you think this affect the outcome?

If you happened to have spare fiber strands available to dedicate to the FAX, then there are analog phone/fiber converters around that would solve the problem. Probably you don't have that luxury though.

Depending on how much you want to mangle it, I've seen someone take the SPA112s and put one on an analog port where he had analog and put another at the remote location he needed analog and just configured them back to back.

I have used MultiTech VOIP gateways MVP130 FXO/FXS for many of my remote locations to extend analog ports and they work great. In order to prioritize VOIP traffic make sure you assign IP addr. to these devices from your voice subnet. At your core location connect your analog port to FXO port on MT, and connect your fax machine to FXS port on MT at remote end. Keep in mind you need to program both devices to allow them talk to each other on your IP network. MultiTech has very good docs on their website describing how to program them. Their support line is also very helpful. Don't mess with Audio codes devices. I tried them and never worked as good as MultiTech.

We use the MP112's here on H323 - works fine.
They connect from a remote location over fiber to an analogue port on the G650 on out main location.

Sekitori

Hi,
We also have the MP112-FXS but it has been shipped with SIP firmware - does anyone know where I can get the H.323 firmware from?
Thanks in advance

Search the net - that's where I found it too.
I might be able to get it to you if you PM me....

sekitori

Hi,
I have found version 5 on the net, is this the latest H.323 version do you know?
Also, I can't seem to find the process to convert from SIP to H.323 anywhere (how to load the H.323 firmware) - do you have the process for this?

Thanks

I'd have to really look into that - from the top of my head;

open your browser to the GW
goto 'upgrade firmware' or software update wizard
point to the right file (I believe it's a file with extension CMP) and GO....

I think you can also upgrade the firmware with the bootp program....

Or maybe contact Audiocodes...

Hi,
I seem to have found the firmware for mp118 and mp124 but no sign of any mp112 h323 firmware..
would you be able to get it across to me?
thanks

Hi,
Sorry for late response....
I managed to find the files to convert to H323... Looks like the mp112 uses the mp118 files.

I have managed to get inbound calls to the mp112 working although outbound is different story... Can you post your outbound configuration so that I can compare??

Thanks in advance

No Problem.

Do you want FXO (on main office, hooked up to G650) or FXS (on remote location, where actual fax resides) ?

Sekitori

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
We are using the mp112 FXS for fax, PDQ and dect devices.
Thanks

Yes, I understand that. I use them for the same purpose.

The way it's installed here is this;
I have an analogue (pstn) line for a fax defined on one of my G650's at our main office where the PABX resides.
That goes into an MP112 FXO which turns this analogue phone signal into IP.
That signal is then sent to an MP102 at the remote office (on IP-address X.X.X.X),
which in turn converts the signal back to analogue pstn, to which I can hook up a DECT, fax or whatever other PSTN thing.

So basically, it's a pair of MP's (one FXO, one FXS) that does the trick.

Does that make any sense to you ?

Hi,
Yes - perfect sense.

Can you detail how you have the routing setup on the FXS side for outbound calls from the MP as this is what I can't get working?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back