Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAQs - anyone know where they are for VFP

GriffMG

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
FR
Be a really big shame if they got lost in translation... B-(

Does it show as a box to you?
Tek Tips navigation
to me it shows as a link that obviously is context sensitive, i.e. while you read a thread of some forum you get to that forums FAQ(s).

I just noticed a nice change, you can just paste in images into a post, simpler than before.

Attachments

• 1723737357027.png
    1723737357027.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 0
Does it show as a box to you?
View attachment 11
to me it shows as a link that obviously is context sensitive, i.e. while you read a thread of some forum you get to that forums FAQ(s).

I just noticed a nice change, you can just paste in images into a post, simpler than before.
On my phone, I don't have any of the boxes (including FAQ) that you show.

Does Hamburger menu tell you anything?

If you're frequently using your smartphone to browse the web you should be used to the web page styling differing from the Desktop layout. And one now everywhere used item is the three lines that sketch a menu aka hamburger button or hamburger menu. Tapping on that the actual menu slides in from the left.

This is new for this forum, sure. But a thing for at least 10 years. When was the upcoming of smartphones? About 2010 with Apples iPhone. So I'm not exaggerating, am I?

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger_button
Cox's hamburger icon saw a resurgence starting in 2009 stemming from the limited screen area available to mobile apps.
and the icon itself and it's meaning is actually older:
The icon was originally designed by Norm Cox as part of the user interface for the Xerox Star personal computer, introduced in 1981

So for how long are you using internet on your phone?

PS: Take out the info and ignore the sarcasm, please. I'm mostly that way, not just since I recently started rewatching Elementary with Sherlock in about the same crisis of seeing what others don't see. I don't feel proud of this, it's actually annoying me as it drags me down emotionally.

Each Forum had associated FAQs

Each Member could see a list with links of their FAQs

Thank you - I am so pleased to know they went to the trouble of migrating them.

We will have a look at this. Definitely too difficult to find the associated Forum/FAQ

Thank you - I am so pleased to know they went to the trouble of migrating them.
Go to your Profile

Member Profile (first on the left) lists each of your Forums and Stats. Some Stat Values are Linked!!! WoooHooo

Last edited:
Hello Jon,

thanks for looking in. There's a point in the intent of the hamburger menu to be there to accomodate the smaller physical size of mobile devices: What's in there should not be among the most frequently used nav items, too.

Well, you can argue to put in all navigation there, too. And I could think of many more resons: The site software works that way and it's not completly in your hands to rearrange everything as you like. As with any site system.

I also think you have discussed many things like that over the last years, I assume that forum migration wasn't a rushed decision.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back