Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

factory default configuration in IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sal656

Technical User
Aug 24, 2013
CA
Hi

How do I set factory default configuration in IP Office. Need to remove all configuration in IP office before shipping to different location.

Thanks
sal

If this is a 500v2, format and recreate the SD card with Manager.

For the chassis, one way would be to push the reset button for 35 sec, (don't over do it, holding it for more than 40 sec -> nothing happens)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Thanks Gunnar. pushing the reset button for 40 sec will delete all configuration or reset to factory default.

How about below Procedure

Select File | Advanced | Erase Configuration (Default).

Enter a valid user name and password.

The IP Office system will be rebooted.

Regards
sal

As I said, it was only one of the options, but it also takes care of the alarm log, so the system will be super clean with the button methode.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

@ Intrigrant- You've never met my wife then?

RIP Errol Brown, Percy Sledge, Ben E King (2015)

Just be aware that you can default the configuration, recreate the SD, etc, but you can't truely "factory default" the configuration.

The system write the first level of software it ran and whether it is branded to a particular supplier to locations outside the configuration. The only people who can reset those values are Avaya and their equipment refurbishment partners.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back