Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External transfer thru embedded AA with flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmyjob

Technical User
Sep 26, 2006
US
Hi, IP office Release 9.1, essential license, Analog Lines. I set up AA with a selector code to transfer to phantom extension that is forwarded unconditional to a short code that is set to flash and the telephone number that it needs to call. Call comes in to AA, press the selector code digit, call goes out and rings external number. All works fine unless the received party answers the call on first ring, then the received party hears the rest of the prompt of the AA greeting, when finished the two party's can speak. I also tried selector code transfer to short code without the phantom extension. May not be able to be done to work properly, may need VM pro assisted transfer to work properly, Any idea's to make it work with embedded VM. Thanks in Advanced.

Analogue lines have no signalling at all, once seized they are seen as connected, so no action can happen on a prompt/event as there are none :)

Surely the call should not be being passsed to anyone untill after the A has finished playing its greetings?

who exactly is answering the call & how?

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

It sounds like the flash is causing the line to conference the outside call versus transfer the call. That would be the only reason the AA would still be playing. Why are you using flash? Is this a centrex line? I have set this up using trunk to trunk transfer with analog lines before and it works fine.

First of all, Thanks to all who answered this thread. I believe Telecomboy is correct, it is acting like a conference call with the flash in the embedded VM. I tested on VM pro with assisted transfer, it worked fine. The Customer only has 2 lines and three phones,using the flash feature allows for the lines to become free and not tie up both lines. Just was trying to come up with an idea to save the customer from having to purchase VM pro for that feature alone. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back