Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External line forward to Nortel DN - hand off to Call Pilot mailbox issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl1999

Technical User
Nov 27, 2012
US
Hello all,

As the saying goes, long time lurker first time poster.

I’ve got a small remote office that has an analog line that I want to forward to a phone at my main office. That part is working fine. Got the *72 setup on that phone and it rolls to the correct extension and rings just fine.

The problem I have is after six rings, when it tries to pass a un-answered call over into Call Pilot into voice mail. When this happens, I get a message that the whole # 859-792-3636 does not subscribe to this service and will be passed on to an attendant.

I have gone into Call Pilot and under the ‘Extension DN2’ and tried adding both the whole number 8597923636 and 3636 to the extension (which in this case is x6236), which from what I find should forward any calls into Call Pilot into the mail box x6236 – but it is not working.

One other thing, probably not related but I did notice on the 3904 phone when a forwarded call would come in is that this is how it would read on the 3904 display.

01424 8597923636 “CFWD”

My guess is that the issue might be in Call Pilot more than the Meridian on the hand off, but I’m not sure where to look next or what setting to check.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Earl

listen to the lady in the box, she is all knowing... when you call the external number and mail answers, the recording says the number xxx xxxx has been forwarded to mail, however.. blah blah blah... the number she reads back to you is the exact number you need to add as an exten dn..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hello,

Thanks for replying. The lady reads it as 8597923636 I have the external line forwarded to a 8592286236 at my site. It forwards and rings fine on the desk here.

I've tried to setup Extension DN2 on mailbox x6236 in Call Pilot a few different ways.

Found a post someone said try just the 7 digits, but that didn't work.
and

Does that auto attendant message where they are 'not a subscriber' come from Call Pilot or from the Nortel PBX itself?

Check if you have TRO enabled in the route between Remote site and Main office. If so Disable TRO in RDB and check

I put a 10 digit number in callpilot as a sdn and pointed it to the Application in AppBldr that it needs to hit for the incoming call.

As grumpy says, build an application in app builder to go where ever you want and add it to the SDN table in the CallPilot. Used it for a couple of numbers and works great every time!

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back