Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External fowarding not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

torchcs

Systems Engineer
Jul 31, 2020
IT
hi all,

I'm trying to setup a call forwarding so that all call going to a specific internal extension get forwarded to a mobile phone.

I've already enabled "intercom external forward" (5.14.6) and set up the forwarding in "call forwarding" (5.15.6) and it works if another internal extension call mine; but if an external call select my extension instead of being forwarded to the mobile phone it immediately get the audio message "the person is not available" and it play the welcome message again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i hope I've explain myself.
Thanks

Andrea

try going to 5.9.1 and make sure ext is set "EXT, MAILBOX, OR BOTH

On 5.9.1 on my extension currently the selected options is "BOTH" the there is also "EXT", "MAILBOX" and "NONE" i tried all of them and none seem to be working.
I attached a screenshot of the current situation:

Thank you for the suggestion.

Screenshot_2020-10-15_083552_pg8rlq.png

No, i was not able to fix it, event with the suggestion above the problem persist.

Are you passing through the caller's CLI, if that is being sent back out, it may be the trunks are seeing it as an invalid/illegal call attempt.

its because a call from a AA on the samsung does not get released to the extension when coming from an AA . you can change the way the AA works but a easier way is set a call forward no answer with a time of 1 second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back