Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Call Forward on Call Pilot 100 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortek

Vendor
Mar 8, 2005
US
Can anyone give me some instruction or any hidden tips to get this working. I need to set up in CCR so that when the caller presses a certain key they are forwarded out to a toll free number. I tried to set it up but everytime I checked it the call pilot would say that the routing wasn't correct to complete the call. I picked "ext", I tried both route and pool for the out dial option and put the 800 number in. I checked the routing to make sure I was using the correct line pool. I verified that the voicemail ports weren't restricted. I tried putting a # in front of the number. Still I couldn't get it to work. When I tried using the route option, it would dial the number but I never heard dialtone, it waited about 6 secs and then disconnected. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!
Thanks

Do you have routing setup in the KSU or are you using Line Pool codes? Did you try inputing a "9" before the the toll free number, and have you tried it without the "9"?

Louie Roldan

Routing is set up in the KSU. They dial 9 for all calls. There are also 2 line pools "A" access is 812 and "B" access is 813. Why these numbers were used I don't know. I used the "route" option and put the 9 in front of the number but I got the numbered dialed (I could hear it) but then I got a disconnect. When I used the "pool" option I got the same thing either way (with or without the 9). The message was "The routing isn't correct to complete the call" or something close to that.

Try checking your dialing translation tables to make sure your routing isn't playing games in there. You might try inserting a 'D' first to wait for dialtone (If you receive DT before you call out. Or you might want to insert a * just give a pause first.

I tried the "D" but still didn't hear dialtone. I'll try the "*". Thanks.

what version of norstar?
what type of lines? do they have DS configured?

6.1 on the KSU and I didn't catch the CP100. I think it was 1.5 something. They are using 8 channels on the T-1 card and 8 lines on 8 LS/DS ports. DS is programmed. I tried 12 different combinations in CCR and even tried using a line to call out on with an appearance on a phone so I could monitor it. What I could tell is that the CP100 was opening up the line to make the call but never completing it. That's when I got the roouting message. I ended up putting a phone in the phone room, externally call forwarding it to the toll free number and pointing the option in CCR to the extension. This will work temp. but I need to figure out this CP problem.

Do the incoming lines have the link/transfer feature provided by the CO? All the incoming lines would need this feature to use the # to transfer.

All the incoming lines need to be supervised before a transfer will complete using another line out to link a call.

Rob

set external transfer to a particular line, then monitor that line with your test set and hear whats goin on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back