Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expansion Phone 30 reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

classydreams

Vendor
Jun 27, 2014
US
I have been tryiing to get a PHONE 30 V1 back on line with a IP406 Control unit version 5.0. I am getting a RED light all the time and I found the following instructions in a thread. I am getting to the part where I plug in the PHONE 30 module and all I get is TFTP POLL FAILED. I must not be configuring the TFTP properly or maybe I do not have the correct .BIN filed. How can I verify that I have this set properly. Thanks.

FOUND ON A THREAD:
Steps to follow
create a offline config for the IP Office
add the not working module in the offline config
send the offline mode config to the IP Office and reboot IP Office
power off the IP Office
connect the not working expansion module to the IP Office
connect the expansion module serial port to your PC
start HyperTerminal - 38400,8,N,1
power up the expansion module and repeating press ESC on the PC until you get the Loader message
Power up the IP Office
Open Avaya Manager and open the config
Make sure the TFTP server in Manager is active and that the working directory contains the necessary bin files for the expansion module
In HyperTerminal enter AT-X, de module replies with a erase message and will show a TFTP Poll message
If all is well you can see in the Manager tftp logs that the module is loading the software
Go for a coffee and be patient, after a while the LED on the expansion module becomes green, it will take a few seconds from here before the unit is operational!
Close the config in Manager and open it again
test the module, if only the software was a problem it is working again - if not you have a hardware problem

On the PHONE 30 module right after I enter [ AT-X ] it ways [ MULTI-SECTOR ERASE ] then [ OK ] and then [ TFTP POLL FAILED ].

create a offline config with the PHONE 30 as the first module and put in the IP Address of ypu computer as the file(tftp) server,make sure the working directory has the binary files required, firewall off, PC fixed IP Address in the range of IP Office etc.
burn it in the ip office, reboot, power off, power on the PHONE 30 and wait for approx 30 seconde, connect it to the IP Office as expansion 1 and power up IP Office

Thanks, I am not sure how to check for the binary files I went to the working directory for the .BIN files and it is pointed to my Manager on y PC but I do not see these files

I searched my PC and only show a BIN FOLDER that contains files for a VPN

Now, that may be the reason it doesn't work....
What version do you need? In manager > Control Unit you can see the software version.
I know it is 5.0 but the last numbers are missing e.g. 5.0.15

And don't forget to enable TFTP server in your manager settings.

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/SoftwarePub/5_0GA_Builds/ADMIN/ADMIN5_0_26.exe

Thanks. Actually I'd like to take this unit and install it on an ip500 v2 which is currently running version 8.0 and get it off of this older unit. This other unit is running Phone 30 modules that show they are currently running at 7.0 they are operating properly.

I DL the ftp 5.0 and I could not locate any .BIN files except for a VPN file.

You must install manager software then it will extract all the bin files in the manager program directory.

Yes thank you. I had to delete my existing Manager 9.0 and then I was able to install your 5.0 and run the Admin Suite. It installed and I was able to log int the 406 with no problem. It did this and I looked for the .BIN files but only found the one for the VPN PHONE. I looked in the MANAGER folder.

Search for avpots16.bin, it must be there in C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Manager or [C:\Program Files(x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Manager.

I found it under the System Name file. This is for a PHONE 30 v1 Expansion Module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back