Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Existing Forms Saved with the "Save As" Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyerat

Technical User
Oct 15, 2003
US
Hi,

If I create one form with the various fields that I need, and I need to create other forms with the same fields (from the same tables)and I would like to save the existing form with another name, will the entries made on one form be viewable on the other form?

I like the format on the one form, and I would like to use the "save as" feature but want to know if it will work?

Any suggestions,
JCM

Why not try it ? It should save as is.

John Borges

Hello John,

I briefly created 4 forms, using fields from one table, and used the "save as" feature, and when I filled out one form all the data entered appears on the other forms that have the same specific fields that I am using.

I don't want this to happen. Yes, the forms are very similar to one another, but I need them to remain as individual forms, and want the data that I enter on any form to remain SOLEY on that ONE form. Do you know if this is possible?

Thanks

The data entered are saved in the RecordSource of the form, ie a table.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back