Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exchange 2003 problems on a 2000 domain - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

badness

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2003
GB
Hi everyone. I recently migrated from excgange 5.5 to exchange 2003 within a 2000 domain environment.During the migration period i had occasions when the 2003 exchange would be unavailable. in the event viewer i had ldap errors and global catalog complaints. however these stopped when i removed my 5.5 server and i put it down to the ad connector. However this problem has now showed up a gain and the exchange machine has again started becoming unavailable. if it is left it will eventually find the Global catalog after 20 mins and be fine . if i restart the machine it will be fine but this is obviously not ideal. Any ideas ???

found the problem. Our switch was being killed of resources and as a result it was disrupting the exchange heartbeat to the domain. Red herrings everywhere, but i'm happy because its over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back