Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exch 2k - Email displayed but unopenable 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurb

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2003
GB
Hello,

I have recently started having problems with emails being recieved and listed in the inbox - but when you try and preview them it says they contain active content and that can't be displayed.

If you try to open, copy, move or Delete, it says the email cannot be found.

I get 403 Forbidden if I try and open it through OWA.

And I can't delete or open it from the M Drive - It says it can't find the message.

I know the emails are plain text - they have come from two different sources.

I have had email's come through from these sources scrambled in the past - and only these sources - By scramble I mean the disclaimer is mixed in with the email content, but on them resending the email it is fine. Could this problem be the fact the two sources are using the same software and it is corrupting the email - or is it likely to be my side.

System Setup:

Exchange 2000 SP3 - Windows 2000 Server SP4
GFI Freeware Spam Filter
McAfee GroupShield 4.5
EFS Pop to SMTP mail collection.

This has only started happening since Friday and I have had the same setup for 6 months plus - which leads me to thing I either have a DB problem of Groupsheild has had an update which is causing problems.

Any help or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Lurb

I have found that pressing shift and delete has let me remove the message - I have no idea why the message wouldn't open, so any ideas are welcomed.

Regards
Lurb

Next time you hav some scheduled down time, run isinteg.

I have the same problem, I can see the email in the folder via OWA, but when I click on it, it can't not be displayer,
it not happen to every single email, just some.

any onw has a clue for this?

Check permissions on your database hosting drive.

i.e. the drive that become your virtual m:\

RRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back