Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Establishing an ODBC / ADO connection to MAS 90 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, as far as I know, accessing via web runs under the IUSR account. Check settings for that user account.

HTH

you mean I have to check the checkbox for Aonymous User.. and what setting it should be....

and one more thing... this application is browseable by everyone..if I use any other database.. SQL, access etc.. It is happening with the pages that I'm accessing MAS90 database..

that is interesting. Keep in mind theat the check box can be specifically set for individual files as oppose to sites only. It is usally set to IUSR_<YOURHOSTNAME> - check your list of users. This means that if it is unchecked for all the other pages of your site, then you can set this individually for the pages that you are troubleshooting. You may also want to check the password synchronization box as well.

A bit interesting about SQL, access etc. This being a test system, I'd try out the suggestion first and we can make sense of it later if it resolves the problem.

well, really interesting and..... I have tried IUSR_MYSYSTEM... and syncronization of password... but it is still not working... I relly don't know what I'm doing wrong.. because application is working absolutely fine on every machine with SQL and pages that are connecting to MAS90 are giving error on other machines....

[neutral] [surprise]

Hello All,

First of all thanks to all, all ur prior woes have provided me with the info i needed.

If anyone is still having the 'Table not accessible' problem, and has tried alcor001's solution regarding user permissions..... if your network has ntfs security enabled, u must enable windows authentification in IIS security. And then it all works!!!

hope this helps someone out there.

Well, the feedback I can provide for NT Server 4 running on IIS is that it can indeed work with the anonymous user set. A configuration of one of my tests harnesses can be observed below. The links are only temporary so as I down the server, I will try to upload a permanant screenshot folder.

Screenshots:

Very temporary demo:

Do a test search for something like 'coupon' or something like 'tape' & you will be querying the extended description table live, from a play company of a ProvideX db. I modified the code so that the output is limited, but the query is actually complete.

Anyway, I hope it can give some confidence.

ABJ

did anyone get it to work?

we use win2000, 3.7 and we need to get it work with our online shopping cart - please advise on this.

thanks

'Try Driver 3.30
'To Test the connection here is the VBS file

Set cn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set rs = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
cn.Open "Driver={ProvideX 32-Bit ODBC Driver};Directory=\\MAS200;UID=XXX;PWD=XXX;Company=XXX;CacheSize=10;KeyRestrict=1;DirtyReads=0;BurstMode=1;SERVER=10.0.0.11"

msgbox "Connected"

rs.Open "SELECT CustomerName, City FROM AR1_CustomerMaster", cn

'IF THE CONNECTION IS MADE THEN YOU WILL SEE THE NEXT MSGBOX 2 times

msgbox "RS Open"
rs.MoveFirst

i=0
Do While i<2
msgbox "Conn Worked"
msgbox CustomerName
i = i + 1
rs.MoveNext
Loop
rs.Close
cn.Close

Hope it helps...

-A

Also I have never tried it for Anonymous Connection. My settings are Basic Authentication with everything else unchecked. These settings seem to work for me. Give it a try and see if it works for you too. Thanks

-A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back