Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when dialing into RAD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

warnp

Vendor
Feb 22, 2008
US
I'm dialing into a MICS with 6.1 software and a RAD2. When I try to do a backup it gives me this error - "The backup opertion of the "System Programming" cannot be completed because a re-evaluation/ auto admin session is in progress at the 72900901 system of the "customer name" customer. It lets me make changes to the system but not do the backup. Any ideas on why the error is there? Thanks in advance.
warnp

Did the system at any time have licenses for companion phones installed on it also sounds like from the error you are getting about re evaluation of the system?

I'm going to check on the licenses. It's possible as it was a used system when I installed it. I was trying to avoid having to drive back out there (hour and 15 minutes).

ok I went back out to site and rebooted the phone system. No change after that. I checked to see what software keys were installed but it shows there aren't any. It's giving me the error even when i'm directly connected to the RAD. I'm wondering if I should un-install NRU 11.0 and try using 9.0.

Didn't have 9.0 but had 8.0. NRU 8.0 says im missing a file. Does anyone have a link to 9.0 or know what the issue is with 8.0 when I connect to a FastRAD with a MICS 6.1 doing a backup?

I downloaded from this link the 11.0 that I already have. I was trying to go back to an older version like 9.0 or 10.0 to see if it would resolve the backup error that im getting.

As far as I can tell it didnt ever have any companion phones. I cant find anywhere to disable them and I don't see any keycodes for it.

Does this error only come up if you have companion phones? I've never really dealt with them and I've never had to do a re-evaluation before.

SystemProgramming/Companions/Re-eval

If does not work then you need to upgrade to 6.1MR or better 7.1.

You may have corruption but note 6.1 was buggy and fixed with 6.1MR

If upgrading does not work then you will have to re-install programming to clear corruption.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

hmm, add me to the club. I just added a FastRAD to my MICS7.1, installed Windows Virtual PC on my Win7 laptop to run XP programs such as NRU 10. Got the USB-Serial adapter working on the XP-virtual-PC... only to find that I'm missing aog00eng.map.

So, thinking I was being clever (it happens) I tried making a copy of aoe00eng.map renamed to aoc00eng - which does get me past the error message and did a backup, but it seems to think it's a 6.1 and the browser function doesn't show any values.

This is my home system (yes it's oversized, but what the heck, I like Norstar) and I help maintain a few other CICS and MICS systems in the area. This is just the first time I've tried via a RAD. So... all this and I'm still looking for the correct map files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back