Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error : Failed to register with IP Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmurado

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2003
AU
We're testing a Voip setup for user to see how it works and functions. We have created a new user with a new extension and then changed the requisite tabs for VOIP enabling in the extn form and the user form and the Phone Manager on the user's machine.
Everything, in fact, appears to be correctly set.
however we get the failed to register error.
this makes me think that there is a licensing issue here, even though we've been assured by our vendor that we have the licenses for IPPro. Under our license tab in Manager there is no mention of IPPro.

Has anyone had this issue before?

On a similar note--for the extn form under the VOIP tab--does the MAC address of the client NIC HAVE to be entered?
And, for H323 on the client XP machine, what should the configuration be set to?

You need both PM Pro and softphone license. If the license is not showing as valid in the license field then it is not there! maybe you need to check the licenses for the dongle you have, you may have purchased the license but not entered the key into the manager. You do not need to enter the mac address, or play with 323 settings on pc,

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

Thanks Mr PAlot. I'll have a word with the vendors.

I'm having the same problem with "Failed to register". I have a licence for "Phone Manager Pro" which is valid and unlimited. I also have a license for "Phone Manager Pro IP audio enabled (Users)" 1 user. DO I need more than this for VOIP. I have only one person who needs it

A VCM card is necessery also, if not fitted you'll get the same message.

Yep I have a VC Card. Not sure but I may have tied down the problem to the My Extension in Manager being set as VOIP rather than Phone Manager Pro. I'm using that rather than softphone

make sure u dont have a login code in the telephony tab.

I had the same problem "Failed to register with IP office"

Putting a tick in Force Login on the User > Telephony tab sorted it.

I'm getting the same error - Failed to register. After adding my laptops' NIC MAC address in Manager, I am able to call out to internal extension and external numbers while VPN'd into my network, but do not have audio. The headset works with Windows but there is nothing when I use it with iPro.

I can ping my laptop from a server inside my network and can ping the IP head and the VM server from my laptop. I can also see calls in our CS queue through Phone Manager (iPro), even though I'm getting the Failed message, so I am connected. When I dial out through iPro, I can see the arrow, then the double arrow that shows connection, but the other party cannot hear me and I cannot hear them.

We're not doing anything fancy with our VPN...it's a Cisco VPN Accelarator that passes off authentication to our AD. I do not see the mic/speaker icon in iPro that I've read about. Where do those show up? Seems to be more of a media thing, but first I'd like to resolve the Failed message. Any ideas?

Thanks,
baz

We used to see this a lot. As it occurred on laptops which might be using either their wired or wireless NIC's, anything to do with the MAC address was never going to be a solution.

The fix seems to be:
enable voip in config preferences. OK.
Go back into config preferences and select the Audio Codec tab.
In here tick Confirm voip address & enable faststart. OK.

Restart PM.

Hope this works for you.

It appears that it is broke in 3.0(43)

Tried the above tasks and it still has the error

I have found when I setup a Ipro user that I always have to reboot the system in order to get this to work, a merge won't work.

I had this problem recently also. In my case, it was because I mistakenly had the option checked for logging onto a base extension (when you first logon to Phone Manager). Make sure this is not checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back