Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

err648 on release 6 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwking

Technical User
Sep 10, 2008
CA
I've just upgraded a Rls 3.0 Opt61 to Rls 6. The ITG card was replaced with a sig_server/MC32s card. I programmed the IP trunks as IPTI. Now, I get a err648 (No TN for ITG card) on both inbound and outbound calls on this route. Anyone know what causes this? I've got all the patches in the CPIV card and sig server. The MC32s firmware is what came with card. I didn't have any patches for it.

If you do a Search on "err648" a number of other posters reported that there is a patch for this. Although you said you had them all, I suspect there is another one out there.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

re patches - possibly.

All the posts I read re this error were for release 4.5. One would think that Avaya/Nortel would have fixed it by now. I got all the patches from Avaya a week ago. They should be up to date.

You only have one MG32s card and it is programmed as IPTI trunks?

the MG32s card ports should be programmed as VGW ports - this will provode the DSPs to convert IP to TDM.

Not sure I read your post correctly - if not, post the following:

LD 117
stat serv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back