Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Equinox Softphone recieve but not make calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
Ver 11.0.4.3 IPO

I have the Equinox softphone installed at a remote computer.

I can call the extension and everything seems fine. I can even transfer the call from the softphone to another extension.

Every time I try to dial from the softphone it loses its connection with the server displaying a "connection lost" message and the call fails. In system status I don't even see the digits being dialed but in system monitor I do see sip packets in monitor.

When I try the client from my laptop it works fine. I just cannot get it working on this remote workers setup. I turned off ALG at the remote site and it made no difference.

How is the remote Softphone registering? VPN, SBC or Port forwarding?

One thing I found odd is that System status always shows the Softphone license in use (we only have one license).

I tested the Softphone on my laptop and got it working then remoted into the user's computer and installed Equinox there.

The Softphone license always shows in use. Even after a reboot and no softphone is running anywhere?

I would assume that if it were a licensing issue I would get a system alarm that there no license was available but that's not happening.

It does kind of seem like it might be a license issue though. It disconnects when I try to make a call from the remote phone.

Once you assign a soft phone license to a user it will always shows in use.

When you tested it in your pc, Was it remote or local in the lan?

What is the settings on lan network topology? Do you have 5060 port forwarding for udp or tcp?

I tested first on the LAN then from outside across the Internet.

On the Juniper router we are using MIP which forwards all traffic regardless of port to the internal destination traffic.

I can make calls to the remote phone with two-way audio. As soon as the remote phone makes a call it disconnects then after a few seconds reconnects.

For this to work you need to enable Remote Worker on the user, have Remote Extn enabled on the LAN/VoIP tab and also have Network Topology configured.
You also need to make sure that the firewall is using the same IP for outgoing traffic to the client as i used for the MIP.

And you also should use TLS on the clients whenever you're connecting to the IPO from remote locations over the internet.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Thanks janni78. All that you mentioned is as you describe.

The account works from my laptop when outside the office but I cannot make it work from the remote client computer.

I would say it’s something on the remote location. Try to disable firewall/antivirus at that pc. Even reset the equinox and reconfigure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back