Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Equinox - Configuration File is Invalid 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucky101

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2006
AU
If there is no 46xxsettings.txt file on the IPO Equinox works fine
If I copy and paste the contents of the auto generated file to 46xxsettings.txt and upload it to system > primary Equinox tells me 'Configuration File is Invalid'
Have also tried uploading my 46xxsettings file to a different webserver and same thing

Anyone seen this?

Not that I've seen what you describe, but put any custom settings into the 46xxspecials.txt file, and let the 46xxsettings file be autogenerated

equinox does not work with the specials file so I am stuck with this settings file issue

The autogenerated works well for Equinox. If you need individual settings for other phone types you can use the 46xxspecials.txt though.

Need some help with IP Office?

Yeah the autogenerated one works if I leave it on the IPOSE but but I need to take out zang, enable exchange calendar etc. Even if I get the auto generated one, upload that file to a seperate http server I get config invalid. Very strange.

I've seen the same issue and spoke to support about it. They unfortunately were not able to give me a reason as to why it would not work. There is an option listed in the SIP phone installation guide to disable Spaces with a No User source number:

If you do not want your users to use the Avaya Spaces features within Avaya Equinox, the relevant tabs within the
application can be hidden. This is done by adding the following NoUser Source Number to the system configuration:
ENABLE_AVAYA_CLOUD_ACCOUNTS N where N is 0 (off) or 1 (on).

yeah i know, thanks. I ended up getting the auto config and culling most of it, and uploading as eqnxsettings.txt
jhall glad to here I am not a loan ranger. It has been driving me crazy as it makes NO sense. When I look at the equinox debug logs and run 'compare', I can see it pulls the SAME settings file and fails on the uploaded one.

Is your ticket recent? Did they close it already?

Got to the bottom of it.
If GET 46xxspecials.txt is present at the bottom of this file on a custom/uploaded file it fails - well it fails only for Equinox PC, works for Android
If GET 46xxspecials.txt is present on an autogenerated file, it works

Glad you got it. I tried the same thing with renaming the file and pointing the client to it but got the same failure results. Did you remove the 46xxspecials line from the eqnxsettings.txt you uploaded and it worked? It's kind of a pain in the ass with that line breaking it as I could never see in the client logs where it tries to even pull the 46xxspecials file anyways.

It must be set as a NUSN in NoUser : ENABLE_46XXSPECIALS_TXT

yeah it never pulls the specials file. Actually my eqnxsettings.txt is a heavily edited 46xxsettings.txt (no model specific settings) but this is not necessary. You can edit and reupload the AUTOGENERATED 46xxsettings.txt as long as there is no GET 46xxspecials.txt at the very end. You can also do something like the below if you want to keep using the specials file AND Equinox with a reuploaded 46xxsettings.txt.

# SETTINGSEQNX
SET Custom Options
SET More Custom Options
GOTO NONSPECIALS
---------------------------------- Other config entries bla bla bla
# END
GET 46xxspecials.txt
# NONSPECIALS

Has anyone else has issues with getting Equinox working on the mobile app with the exact same settings that work on the PC app?

i can log users on on the PC using the 46xxsettings method no problem at all.

If i then use a mobile on the WiFi on the same LAN as the PC, it doesn't work. i have tried this on both android and iPhone. (the error that pops up on the mobiles is: VoIP Phone Service Unavailable)

I'm trying to test it internally in a test lab environment before it is deployed on other sites.

well could be DNS, firewall, certificate. get a tools application so you can try a ping test or try browse your settings file. Is the wifi VLAN different to the data/ethernet VLAN
Are you using TLS, have you installed the root certificate on the mobile devices
Are the androids / iphones new or super old and out of date?

its on a very simple flat network whilst testing at the moment.

I'm assuming its not as simple as using the same method that works on the PC on the mobile app then.

I've got an android and iPhone to test with and both up to date.

testing just with TCP port 5060 at the moment. trying to keep it as simple as possible to being with and then go from there.

mobiles on the wifi are on the same LAN, can ping the system fine etc.

Does a monitor trace with SIP ticked give any clues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back