Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Epson LQ 570 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kxbm4h

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2010
US
I have the drivers and installed an Epson LQ570e printer in Win7 X64 but when I create a new form size in Server Properties and Save the form, the form is NOT shown in the forms listing for the printing defaults for the installed printer. I can see the form named after I save it under the server settings, but it doesn't appear in the printer setup area for the same printer. I have tried it with a regular user account and an administrator account without any difference. I had a regular user try the same activity on a different workstation and it worked perfectly; what fine detail am I overlooking?
Thanks,
Mark

Attempted to use Windows XP mode via virtual machine, same results as Windows 7 method. It will save the form via server properties but does not add that saved form to the printer selection forms list for advanced or printing defaults.

I tried using a different PC running WinXP and the same driver and same results. I finally figured out a way around this issue; I use the Epson LQ570+ driver and server settings using the form size (the machine saved ALL my previous form sizes) and set the printer defaults and preferences to that same form size and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back