Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enterprise Manager service wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilf

Technical User
Mar 9, 2005
GB
I have installed Enterprise Manager V5.0 UR1, however the EMS/NMS service wont start. Any ideas????

Try re-starting the Apache service, then re-start the EMS/NMS process. If that doesn't work, reboot the server. If *that* doesn't work, you'll probably need to re-install Enterprise Manager.

hi , i have done all of these things several times and still no joy.

starting to tear my hair out now!!

You've re-installed the application and it still won't start? What else is running on the server?

Nothing at all, Brand bew windows 2003 install SP1 as recommended by Mitel. It is on VMWare 1.0.8 but i have done this before without any problems.

cheers

Enterprise Manager isn't supported running on VMWare.

I've never had any problems before with vmware and this is R5.

any other ideas???

Hardware is HP Proliant ML380 G2

thanks

You might want to review this thread where MIMB had issues regarding Virtual Servers

thread1329-1520989

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Sorry, that was the wrong thread.

Can't find the right one.

MIMB hopefully can provide.

Found it:

thread1329-1511756

The thread you found just relates to licensing issues, i have re-installed this several times including rebuilding windows. Does anyone have any more suggestions?

cheers

Do you see anything in Event log or application logs? There should be a reason

the service just says it didnt respond in a timely fashion and states windows error code 1067.

if i look in the apache logs it is full of the following

istenning on the wrong port. Failed errno = 61
[Tue Feb 17 11:50:53 2009] [jk_ajp_common.c (955)]: Error connecting to the Tomcat process.
[Tue Feb 17 11:50:53 2009] [jk_ajp_common.c (1309)]: sending request to tomcat failed in send loop. err=1
[Tue Feb 17 11:50:53 2009] [jk_connect.c (233)]: jk_open_socket, connect() failed errno = 61
[Tue Feb 17 11:50:53 2009] [jk_ajp_common.c (676)]: Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listenning on the wrong port. Failed errno = 61
[Tue Feb 17 11:50:53 2009] [jk_ajp_common.c (955)]: Error connecting to the Tomcat process.
[Tue Feb 17 11:50:53 2009] [jk_ajp_common.c (1309)]: sending request to tomcat failed in send loop. err=2
[Tue Feb 17 11:50:53 2009] [jk_ajp_common.c (1318)]: Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port. worker=ajp13 failed errno = 61

does any of that help???

thanks

What else is running on the server? Anything that might be killing the EMS/NMS service?

I was under the impression Enterprise/Ops Manager is only supported on VMware ESX server.

Knowledge is power, thats why we share!

Nothing else is running on the server. It is a guest machine on a vmware server, could there be a clash with the ports the vmware console uses?
Does anybody know if this could be the case?

try to disable a local firewall. There should be no conflicts between host and guest systems since they are running separate networking stacks. How much memory you have allocated for this VM?

Firewall is disabled, the vm has 1.5 GB of memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back