Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ENT Manager Install Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilf

Technical User
Mar 9, 2005
GB
Hi

I am installing an Ent/OPS with crystal reports, the ent man install is failing with a 'feature transfer error' message.

any ideas!

ent man is v6

I have not seen this, but there have been a few problems on here lately with Ops.

I would personally uninstall everything, making sure nothing is left in the registry.

Roll it back to the previous SW version, then try it again.

this is a fresh install on a brand new windows install

Maybe try rebuilding windows incase it was corrupt. Or re downloading the software incase that is corrupt.
At what point is it failing?

Desk Jockey Lunacy

Already done those things, it fails at the point just after it would ask for the 3rd CD with the data4.cab file on it.

Try moving the kit to the windows partition; make sure you have administrator permissions when you reinstall.

Move what to the windows partition?
There is only one partition, the c drive.
It is being installed with a local admin account, brand new windows install

Sorry for the ambiguity; I meant: copy the EM kit from cd to the windows partition (C:/ in your case). The try to reinstall the application with the administrator user.

The install files are on the c drive, the install has been done with admin account, despite several attempts it just refuses to install, it seems it is when it attempts the crystal reports part of the app.

Just a few questions
Have you got crystal reports enabled on your AMC License?
Has the License downloaded correctly from the AMC, there have been issues where the license says it has downloaded but really hasn't so when you install the software the license file is corrupt(You find this out at the OPSMAN stage)
Rang Mitel AMC on this and was told have a Coffee but leave it for 15 minutes before proceeding and this downloads the license.

I have crystal reports, the install fails at the point where it looks for the data4.cab file, it comes up with a little window saying 'feature transfer error'

The only option at that point is to click ok which basically aborts the install. Ent man therefore never actually installs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back