Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

End Of dial Timer( EOT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBX

Programmer
Aug 15, 2002
GB
I need to add a third party to a conference call before the 2nd party answers. I have read that I am unable to do this (until the 2nd party answers) because the EOT is set too long. Does anyone know if I can perform function if I set the EOT timer to something like 2-3 seconds? What other ramifications will this have? Can I set the EOT on a single trunk that I use for this purpose?
Thanks,
David

Hi MBX,

Yes,you can set the EOD & ODT timers to 2 to 3 second. But the CDR calls print out will receive incomplete dial digit.Or you can program new RDB for this conference calls. Another way when doing call transfer dial digit follow by a # ( mean ending the dial digit).

Hi Stioac,
Thanks for your response! We tried dialing a pound after dialing the extension and it seemed to have no effect on our attempt start a second call. The conference button is still in use form the original or first conference call, until the called party answers and I hit the conference key again. Can you elaborate on the RDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back