Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

encrypt visual foxpro v 6.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtofoxpro

Programmer
Sep 16, 2007
IN
I am using visual foxpro v 6.00, is there any encryption method which would encrypt/decrypt as early as possible. I was using some .FLL for older versions. Belive in .Fll for speed.

Example : ? encrypt(encrypt('foxpro','KEY'),'KEY')

Thank you.

Encryption is a word that gets used somewhat loosley (accurately or not).

Do you want to Encrypt data in one or more fields in a data table?

If so then you might want to search the Universal Thread download area for "Encrypt"

Or do you want to protect your VFP code from being de-compiled (also sometimes mistakenly referred to as "encrypted")?

If so then you might want to look at ReFox

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

If you're willing to include an FLL and the MSVCR71.dll with your VFP 6.0 application, then you can use my vfpencryption71.fll which is available for download from my blog...

boyd.gif

SweetPotato Software Website
My Blog

Thanks, craigsboyd

I tried vfpencryption71.fll but I could not use it properly. Possibly my mistake. I tried as

? encrypt('HELLO WORLD','MYK')

Above encrypt function returns 32 character length. I think it should return 11 character length code.

I am not an educated in visual foxpro. Please help me in detail.

Thank you.

Any encryption (VFP or not) often intentionally returns a different number of characters than was originally 'fed' into the process.

Rather than being concerned about the number of characters returned, it would be better to focus on..
1. Did the original data get encrypted into a non-decipherable result?
2. Can you decrypt it back into its original form via the appropriate routine?

If both #1 & #2 worked, then who cares (within reason) about how many characters it took to work well. Instead be happy - you got your desired result.

If you don't like the results, you can always write your own encryption/decryption routine to work as you want.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Thanks jrbbldr

I agree with you that I should not care about what encrypt is returns.

? decrypt(encrypt('Hello World','MYKEY'),'MYKEY')='Hello World')

about line should retruns as .T.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back