Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded Voicemail problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnlcom

Technical User
Nov 25, 2007
GB
Hi guys,

I have just discovered a customers IP Office 500 with 4.2 v19 has a problem with the embedded voicemail card loosing connection with the main system after a power cut and throwing up voicemail messages that are old but unread. I know this was in an earlier version and suspect my engineers needed to upgrade the embedded card seperatly to the rest of the software.

So does anyone know how to flash the card without lossing all the settings or in otherwords update the firmware or am I travelling up completely the wrong track here!

Follow the upgrade steps from the Admin CD in the C:\........ADMIN4_2_11\LVMSOUND\G723 Files\ unzip the G723 and there you have al the upgrade steps you need.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

4.2.19 is version of the PhoneManager, 4.2.11 is the IP Office version and 6.2.11 is the Manager version.

The problem was in 4.2.4 with the EVM that stopted working after a reboot thru the Manager.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

that is a known issue

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

@bas,

He should use the 'G711 Files' directory the 'G723 Files' directory is for the smalloffice pcmcia card.

Hi Chaps,

Sorry had one of those weeks this week!

Not had a chance to check this forum but thanks for the help.

I'll check the admin cd C:\........ADMIN4_2_11\LVMSOUND\G723 Files\ unzip info and follow the instructions as suggested.

Jamie if it is a known issue is the latest version of software going to fix it or am I wasting my tme?

I'm not aware that they have fixed it. check in the 4.2 maint release due in a week or 2.

Also don't use the G723 files on an IP500, use the G711 (as said above). Then run the .bat files to TFTP the updated files

Jamie Green

Hi Jamie, yes just about to ask that! the document in the file only talks about 406V2 and SOE so was going to ask the question about a 500 but you beat me to it!

I suspect this will not fix the issue then currently still it will be good practice as it needs upgrading to 4.2 to match the rest of the software so that's got to help!

I always upgrade the prompts and it still happens. It's not all the time, just every now and again.

Jamie Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back