Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded Voicemail Night Message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yesterdaysman

Technical User
Mar 12, 2012
GB
Bit of a silly question I cant work out how to make this work, client has embedded Voicemail Auto Attendant, during the day they just get a standard 4 options which just routes the calls to different hunt groups.

At night they want to have just a generic mailbox for people to leave messages and to give people emergency out of hours numbers to call.

iv'e done a bit of research on this but the way iv'e seen suggested is really long winded, is there a way of routing the calls based on a time profile for instance, I don't usually use embedded auto attendant.

any suggestions guys, I feel quite dumb asking this and not being able to work it out to be honest.

regards

I would use a time profile on the incoming call route and send it to a different place at night. if you do a time profile on the call route you have to build the out of service hours not the inservice. so your profile would be like

12am to 830am
5pm to 1159pm
then an entry for the weekend

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

build a time profile that defines what night is that looks what kwing112000 suggested.

on incoming call route/destination tab, click below default route, change time profile to night, and set destination as the night AA.

GB

Thanks Guys,

Cant believe I didn't think of that....

Amateur Hour.....

Much thanks guys.

You can always just create a normal time profile i.e open hours rather than splitting over midnight etc, you just reverse the destinations :)

ah never done it that way andy. i will have to try it. thanks.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Just be aware it doesn't fit every scenario, if it's somebody's DDI then as you have reversed the destinations it will not automatically send that out when they call :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back