Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

embedded vmail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishobx

Vendor
Nov 30, 2003
US
I am a first time poster but long time lurker...thanks to all of you who share your expertise!

My question...on the small office embedded vmail, can you delete a mailbox? or reset the greeting to the original system greeting? I can't find any info in the documentation.

Thanks in advance!

Dineane Whitaker

You would probably have to delete the users then reboot to do this

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

Congrats on coming out of the closet, Dineane. Welcome to the forum :)

Many thanks, Morrack! I wish I had more answers to share rather than questions. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test resetting the mailbox today. They moved the small office today and the voice mail will not come back up. I understand from other sources that the embedded vmail is very slow to start up, but we had problems getting it going yesterday, too. It finally started working when the techs were away for lunch! Does anyone know if this is the norm? Or should we be wondering if we have a bad memory card?

Thanks again!

Dineane Whitaker

I used the one we purchased for our demo SOE long enough to conclude it was junk, and haven't touched it since, so can't offer too much insight there. However I didn't have any problems with it being available. Just can't stand the fact that you cannot invite callers to dial an extension number - selector code transfer only. Bah. Glorified VMLite :)

Peter

Imbeded at least give a basic auto attendant at less cost than VM Pro.
It also does not require a PC to be connected to they system ( & we know how rare it is to fine one of those in a small bussines :p)

Personaly I agree with peter & have never used imbeded VM, if I had not obtaind a test licence for VM Pro from Avaya I would have stuck with lite on my SOE at home.

I've only just used it for the first time - works fine really if people want really basic mail. It can be a bit dodgy sometimes - as in you can go to dial a mailbox and it comes back disconnected, then try again immediately and it's fine - and that's with just one phone on the unit! What did happen was at one time the green led on the front of the SOE started flashing amber (v fast) - had no idea what it was, rebooted and it seems fine again. On site now so hopefully it will stay on green!

With Hunt Group mailboxes, you don't (from my v quick testing)get the chance to record an out of hours gretting as you do with lite, which is slightly annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back