Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrchris

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2002
US
We just upgraded a few weeks ago to VM Pro from the embedded (wow what a difference)anyhow despite my warnings to the staff to get any important messages off the old vm and written down, here we are a few weeks later and I have people wanting me to retrieve messages from the old card. I can see the messages if I simply pop the card into a card reader, but the format is showing as a microsoft clipboard file (clp?)....Any way to convert this to something useful?

Thanks Much!!

I doubt there is a way, but if these is someone here will know how. I am going to monitor this one cause I just installed the dreadded embedded VM last week and they are already buggin me to upgrade to VMPro.

try puting their config in another unit with the card and access via a phone

The only way that I know to retrieve these messages, is to use tftp. Copy to contents of the card, through tftp to your directory.

Open command window,

Type

Ex: TFTP -i xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx GET *.WAV

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your ip address of the IP Office unit.

It depends on the system used, for a SOE the files are stored as G.729 compressed files. On the 406V2 flash card the files are stored as G.711 compressed files.

Maybe you can use software like CoolEdit Pro to convert the files to .wav file.

intrigrant, I think your on the right track, I downloaded cool edit, and it recognizes the files as a raw pcm mu-law file. I've been playing for a while and so far the best I can get is a lot of static and an occasional word that is recognizeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back