Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded VM - Remote Access to HG Mailbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPXTech

Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
US
Hey, all. I've looked through my admin guides, made some searches and still no dice for me. This should be a quick one.

Is there a command to break out of a mailbox to check messages on Embedded VM, ala *7 in VMPro? I remember there being *17 I think, but do not currently have a system to test this on? And does this work for Hunt Group mailboxes as well?

Thanks! :)

Thanks for the reply..!

*0 is for the Breakout Reception I think? Which, unfortunately Hunt Groups do not have the option for..

If I'm wrong, I'd be glad to eat my words though.. :p I'm looking for an option, while in a mailbox, to be sent to the prompt asking for mailbox number/password.

Thanks again

I dont think there is a break out for VM on embedded.

I normally just set a spare DDI to VoiceMail.

Unfortunately they have copper lines, so I'm unable to remove inbound on one for remote access. They also do not have an AutoAttendant I can point an option to a shortcode with.

Back to the drawing board..! They may just need to settle with something less than ideal and/or change of their callflow. No worries. Thanks for the replies!

you might be able to use the reception breakout and point it to a shortcode for general mailbox access.

Voicemail Collect
"?Anonymous"

If you arent using the breakout option for something else that is.

not tried it but it might work.

ACSS-SME
Get well soon Aaron.

Are you using the reception breakout in system settings? If so that may be a solution, never thought of that. As the Hunt Groups do not have reception breakout options listed for me.

You'll need a twinning licence i think, never tried but it should work that way.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Maybe this might work...if Customer has caller ID....enter msg checker's callerID into an incoming call route, destination to short code or menu w/ owner access option......I've used this before for the same situation....had a lady needing to check msgs @ the office from home every night....same set-up w/ time profile...so if she calls during regular hours can still get through like normal......might work for you....pretty limited w/ that embedded vmail....wish our sale's people would quite selling that thing.....cheaper though.....

MW2 needs new Maps....ASAP

Right-on.....I have'nt spent much time here at this site, but after reading through some of the posts.....WOW, alot of GREAT knowledgable people here helping others in a bind.......I just started viewing the IP Office forum the other day.....I've been missing out!!!! I have used this site before for Nortel stuff.....and let me tell you, some of the help I've gotten here has saved me many hours of pulling my hair out or just fat-out being STUMPED.....I'm very thankfull for all of those that have helped us out THANKYOU!!!! Thanks for the STAR though.....with all of the great knowledgable people here, I'm sure stars will be few and far between for me......THANKS!

MW2 needs new Maps....ASAP

you have to do it like TomMills does it, answer only the very basic questions and be the first to do so then you will get bombarded with stars :p isn't that the truth Tom?

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

insanity is just a state of mind

DUCTAPE, I don't like Embedded much either, but expect more embedded work as it's free on R6 :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back