Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded VM RADs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protel21

Technical User
Feb 24, 2014
US
Question: Using 20 VM licenses, does that provide 20 recordings at any given time, or do I get all 30 recordings to work at any given time, with just (1) VM license?

I have a very busy call center, and need a lot of RADs to accommodate the various (65) Queue Paths in the cluster of Controllers. With the RAD Sets programmed and setup to a particular recording annoucement, I get only one message at a time on a VM port (unless the port is accessed with 5 seconds of the start of a session and it will play multiple times - fantastic, but I can't count on that happening very often).

I have currently 27 recordings setup (so I'm using 27 of the 30 RAD sets) in the Queue Paths in this design. I have an Enterprise of (10) 3300 Controllers with 44 VM user licenses. In a previous thread: thread1329-1630225, it was suggested that only (1) VM license was needed to activate the Embedded VM, again does that (1) license give me 30 available RAD recordings at any given time?

I have an ISS Controller that has the RAD sets programmed on it, it also has (4) other Trunking Gateways on the same site, I would like to use some of the 44 VM licenses on the Trunking Gateways, and activate the 30 Embedded Ports on them, to take some of the load off the ISS Controller, so in a sense with the ISS 30 ports, and the (4) Trunking Gateways 30 ports (4x30=120) that would give me 150 RAD ports.

I have tested the HG setup of the ISS and Gateways, and I can have both internal and external members in the HGroups.

1 VM License is all that is required to use all available ports for RAD's

I have heard that RADs programmed on remote systems cannot be used for your purpose. I have never tried to confirm this as I have never had the need

thread1329-1493885

Note, that post was in 2008, so things may have changed by now.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for the quick response. I will attempt to add a license and some recordings to the 1st Trunking Gateway, reboot the unit and test...here's hopeing that it works, or I'll be in a fix for sure.

kwbmitel - you are correct, I just turned on Embedded VM on the 1st Controller and uploaded recordings into several RAD sets. Can't place the remote VM port into the RAD Hunt Group, error message come up and states "Not Allowed for that Hunt Group type" message, I could if the Hunt Group was a "Voice" type, but not a "RAD" type.

from the sounds of the network you have it would probably be better to use IVR for the rads - costly but routing calls between controller to play rads sounds convoluted.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I would suggest you either get an external device to add more RAD ports or have a look over your ACD design for any savings. We find often that the customer wants to over provision greetings and that a commone "please hold" greeting can server mulitple queues.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

again I agree with loopy

we have many customers that for the 2nd and third repeats share the Message

eg first message is Path specific welcome to sales or welcome to service

second message is common to all sorry for the delay

third can be if you would like to leave a message , press 1 etc

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks for the imput (Loopy and Bizz), but the fact that the customer has currently 27 messages, coming from the Axxess (Mitel 5000) systems. They are used to using Satillite imputs for MOH, with these various greetings. The issue that I have is that they are using 27 messages (RAD Sets) for the 30 ports (RAD Sets) of VM that I have. Very busy call center with thousands of calls coming in a day...so I am afraid the 30 message ports that I have are not going to be adequate for the demand.

Be careful adding Vmail to trunking gateways especially if you want to activate the full 30 ports it will have trade off against the number of trunks the controller can handle especially if built as a 192 channel gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back