Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded VM Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

B657

Programmer
Jul 19, 2007
GB
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature. I have a 3.2 system with embedded VM.

I have a group called "night" with no users, just VM turned on.

All other groups have an automatic night service with a night fallback of this "night" group. These groups do not have VM enabled, as they do not need it during the day.

Sure enough at 6pm the calls go through to this night groups voicemail and it works great.

However, I have another group with a DDI mapped to it, this group has VM enabled as they need VM during the day. This works fine during the day, but at night it does not follow to the "night" group, instead it plays the groups day VM.

If I turn its VM off, then it does go to the night group.

How do I make it go to its own groups VM during the day, and the "night" groups vm at night?

You can try this workaround:
Create another group for night.
Have VM enabled on the "day" group and enable Queueing on the "night" group and let the queue message be the message that is played during night.

You could make a new group with the group in the overflow and set the other group as a night fallback
Put in a user in the new group,not checked, wich set the other groups in night service

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks. Lodde, I need to be able to leave a message, so I dont think this would work.

tlpeter- I am not quite following you here. Please could you elaborate?

Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back