Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Embedded VM Prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfalfa

Technical User
Oct 28, 2005
US
I have a new install on a 406 v2 with embedded vm, never used it before today, all our cust use vmpro. anyhow, i created AA1 and AA2 followed the instructions to record prompts, set up user with uncond fwd to shortcode to play AA1, Read and did all that, but in my tests on version 4.0.10 I cannot get the prompts to play when i dial my short code, nor can i press an ext to transfer myself, but in the display of my phone i see aa:AA1
Like i said never used this VM before, need help if you can

i bet you are using a * as the start of your shortcode. i have found out with embedded voicemail your shortcode needs to start with # or just a number itself... NO *

Did you upgrade the embedded card to the 4.0 platform? it is possible that the Voicemail Card is 3.xx version still. I have had that problem in the past of no prompts playing because the IPO doesn't recognize the card.

When asking questions i find it useful and also so you are not wasting anybodys time to put the full picture.

If you are having problems with a shortcode tell us exactly what the short code is.

Detail it all so we can all see it in its entirety.

Tell us everything about it.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

how do i check what version of embedded vm it is, also to answer pure gold
sc 400 feature attendant, telnumber AA:IsleAAOne.1
When i dial 400 it gives me the prompt to listen record or erase.
Hunt ggroup main 200
ofmain hunt group-201
user FwdAtt with fwd hunt group calls, on and uncond. to 400
user FwdAtt is only member in ofmain
and ofmain is the only group in overflow in 200.
i can dial 200 and get to record gretting press 1, to listen press 2 and to erase press 3, if i change the telenumber in sc to AA:IsleAAOne.1 But i can never get the prompts i recorded.

i think you need to make another short code...

Auto Attendant
AA:IsleAAOne

The .1 is used for actually recording the menus, if you take that off it should work.

I got everything to work after i upraged pc card thanks everyone,
I have one more question though, how or is there a way to change the normal transfer funtion in AA menu options to get rid of the 1 then ext number, for instance right now i dial my AA it states if you know your parties ext dial it or press 9 for directory. but when i dial ext 101 you get nothing, but if you put the 1 in to select the munu option then 101 i can transfer the call, is there a way to just press 101 not 1101.

is there a way to just press 101 not 1101."

Nope. In some sites I tell the user to give out 1101 as their extension number or tell the caller to dial * then extension number.

Terrible lack of an easy feature!

Make a short code that does not have the leading 1 of the users numbers which sends the call to the user number which has the leading 1. Or, create users without the leading 1 to fwd to the users with the leading 1. Note, I do not recomend doing anything to make the imbed more user friendly unless you are sure that unfriendliness is nto going to get them to change to VMPRO.

What I really think is best is to let the customer know the capabilities of the VMPRO by having one sitting there in front of them much prior to the install(on your laptop running without license for two hours on their system so they can see what they are missing). Show them VM to EM as that sometimes gets them to upgrade right there. Let them see how you do not need to dial the 1, then the user number with VMPRO. SHow them how easy the VMPRO is to administer. The best way to deal with the imbed VM is to show how big a piece of crap it is beside the VMPRO

Requesting all the normal VMPRO project management things like an email acount set up by customer for VM to EM, and starting off talking as if they are getting a VMPRO in terms of project management questions without going so far as to make any feature promises is another good tactic. Sending the PM questions/questionaire for VMPRO by "accident" first then excusing your mistake, and hand them the much less feature rich, and vibrant imbed questionaire is a good way to get them wanting the VMPRO instead of trying to talk them into it.

Great untill the Salesman gets the customer to complete the VM pro Questionair but sells Embedded without bothering to check
then you have to give a free upgrade to pro because the fetures were listed in the original spec :-(

That might be a problem if you send out project management docs to collect programming info before you close the sale(in writing, signed). I as a rule start collecting programming info. after the sale is closed, and do not involve salesman in the PM stuff.

Sending out the wrong questionaire does not entitle the customer to an upgrade to VMPRO, you just send out the correct one, and explain the mistake. If the sales guy did that prior to closing the sale including the document as part of the spec it would come out of his commission, and then you still dont have to deal with the imbed, so either way it is all good.

The questionaire can be one document for all three stating that "some features may, or may not be available on the specific VM which was ordered. Please answer all questions as completely as possible, to clarify which features set applies please contact your project manager."

all said I think the embedded is a pretty good voicemail system compared to other brands, e.g. Samsung, Panasonic, Aastra.

It's just that the voicemail pro system is probably 1 of the best on the market.

Thats what i like to hear, something nice for once.

Good lad.

I like the imbed as well. It gets the price down, so it probably sells more systems. If the features are not oversold, the customer does appreciate it as a product, and in all cases so far in my experience eventually upgraded when their budget permitted.

yes, affordable and simple to use, not a load of *# shxtty codes to input, except for AA but how often do you change that.

1 feature I would like to see is the ability to use visual voice properly for Hunt group voicemails. You know where you can record the greetings and change passwords, etc, but not for HGs. Pity.

Any idea when the voicemail to email on embedded is coming out PG, I thought it was due on 4.1?

I will find out now, unless somebody else posts the answer first.

I do not really support the expansion of the imbed feature set, as I see it as a getting in the door transition tool, not a long term solution. I think finding ways to bring down the cost of VMPRO would be a better solution for the customers.

vm to email on embedded = 4.2 april (ish)

I think the embedded feature set is fine, but they have to change the way the direct extension dial works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back