Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Elevator phone has to dial 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

whender

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2003
US
User wants elevator phone to get outside line when picked up. I set L027 to phone. Set hotline to none, made certain L027 to poolb. Prime line to L027. I pick up phone in elevator and have to dial 9 to get an outside line. What did I miss?

tks for help

Not sure what this means "I set L027 to phone"

Presume you are on an ATA?

Best to go with Pool so it grabs next available line.
Example:
Put all lines into Pool A

Make the ATA Prime Line Pool A
Make the ATA Hotline to External and put just a Pause (Feature78)

or in your setup try just the pause in Hotline.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Will try that. They wanted to use line 5, line 027 so I set it to pool b and all others to pool a. set prime line to line 5 L027, did not put in pause.

tks

If 027 is in Pool B then prime set to Pool B and not 027 perhaps but yes the Pause either way.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Not sure where you are, but it most areas the elevator phone can not be off a pbx. It must be a stand alone POTs line.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

I think the only elevator phones i installed were a hot phone dialing the elevator company emergency number i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back