Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Element manager connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

amphonetek

Programmer
Jan 15, 2008
US
I have a BCM 400, can not connect to it with element mgr. Either through the customer's network or directly to the BCM. I removed the expansion connection and all media bay modules. I can connect to the web page for the BCM and connect to the call pilot. The message that keeps coming up is - Detector "BCMDetector" cannot determine the device type for 10.0.84.11. It does show the system name, system description and version. My element mgr is
Version 2.03a.0 .0 Build rpmwin502/ae16
Any ideas?

Thanks for the quick response.
Version 4.0
I tried the oam port and did several reboots.
I have the same trouble.

If you're connecting to the OAM port, what ip address are you trying to go to and what is the ip address assigned to your PC?

Probably you can also access to BCM Monitor?If so then it's an RPM database corruption. you need to raise a ticket to AVAYA to rebuild/renew the RPM.

telcodog - Port one is set with the customer's network ip and port two is 10.10.11.1
Setting my laptop for 10.10.11.2
Like I said earlier I am able to connect to the Call pilot through the web access.

eng09 - I can access the BCM Monitor. To repair the RPM, will I lose my database?

Thanks for all of your help!

I have it now. I will try it when I can make it out there.

Thanks and I will let you know the results.

I had this happen once and had to reset through the CLI and reload the database. Hopefully you have a recent backup.

OK. Before you do anything drastic, try ding a restore of just your network interfaces.

If you know how to do it, Great. If not, do the following.

Go into the backup/restore folder and select restore.

In the drop down box select Factory Defaults and click the Restore button.

Another window will appear with a bunch of checkboxes. UNCHECK everything except Network Interfaces and click the OK button.

If it corrects the problem you can then go in and change the customer LAN address afterwards.

This has worked for me 3 times.

since he cannot connect the EM he cannot restore the factory settings I believe :)
AVAYA should get your rpm history via CLI and prepare the same for your system. or they may reload a default rpm db then you need to re-apply the patches.
There can be also a problem with services meeds to be checked on CLI.

Oh Ya......forgot about that minor issue!

Can you connect to the serial port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back