Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Elan Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibceptor

Vendor
Feb 24, 2004
US
I am installing a new option 11 with a Call Pilot, I can ping the Option 11 from the Call Pilot, but the Elan won't come up, it is enabled.

What release is the 11???

Did you make any changes to the INET database (IP address in the PBX)???

TWM

Both of those are programmed, the call pilot says can't find MAS something then sleeps for 30 over and over

Post your Meridian configuration (ld 17, ld 117, etc) and Call Pilot Elan and Clan Ip Address.

I'll post those in the morning when I get them again.

can you ping from the switch to the cp?.. and pls post the stat elan reply...never got a ping response from a down elan, ping is a layer 7 command.. seems like it should be a layer two test only but layer 7 has to see the request for a reply and send it

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Yes I can ping the CP in ld 117, elan stat says elan enabled but doesn't have an IP address, only 0.0.0.0 layer 7 disabled, I will get the actual captures tomorrow.

what address are you pinging 0.0.0.0.. ? you need to do the command in 117 to make the ip you have entered active..like you from home i can't do the ld 117 ?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I ping the actual IP, in this case it is 47.25.25.25 for the PBX and 47.25.25.24 for the Call Pilot. I did the chg elnk active name and also the update db, everything comes back ok.

maybe it will get well while it sleeps>>> be sure to post the cure...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I am not that lucky but thanks! I have ini'd a few times and also rebooted CP, nothing brings it up that last bit.

BTW this is CP 3.0 and Succession 4.0 if that makes any difference.

Okay, what else do you need to see?

=> prt host

Call Server/Main Cabinet
ID Hostname IP Address
1 SECONDARY_ENET 137.135.128.254
2 LOCAL_PPP_IF 137.135.192.4
3 CALLPILOT 47.25.25.25

>ld 48
LNK000
.stat elan

SERVER TASK: ENABLED
ELAN #: 016 DES: Call_Pilot
APPL_IP_ID: 0 .0 .0 .0 LYR7: DOWN DSBL

REQ prt
TYPE vas

VAS
VSID 009
DLOP
AML 009
SECU NO
INTL 0001
MCNT 9999
CONF DIR
VSID 016
DLOP
ELAN 016
SECU NO
INTL 0001
MCNT 9999

>ld 137
CIOD000
.stat elnk

ELNK ENABLED
Ethernet (qu unit number 0):
Host: CALLPILOT
Internet address: 47.25.25.25
Broadcast address: 47.25.25.255
Ethernet address: 00:00:75:44:df:55
Netmask: 0xff000000; Subnetmask: 0xfffffe00
1683 packets received; 8 packets sent
0 input errors; 0 output errors
0 collisions

=> ping 47.25.25.24

PING 47.25.25.24 SUCCESSFUL

which is the CLAN IP?
When I installed a CP in a client, the cable label was wrong for both ELAN and CLAN (ELAN cable had TLAN label and CLAN cable had ELAN label.
Check this.

The PBX itself is not on the Clan, the Clan works fine between the CP and the client PC.

have you tried to disable the ELAN and to enable it again?
LD 48.
.DIS ELAN
.ENL ELAN

The application layer is down.

Javier

somewhere you need to add the app ip address, from pkts sent and rec, the port is up..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have disabled and enabled it a few times, ini'd more times than I can count as well :)

John are you saying I need to add the CP IP? would that be 117 also?

You have to check wether the IP of the ELNK (CPU) is defined correctly in CP. And you have to check in LD17/LD22 that you have assigned a ELAN and a VAS.

>LD 17
>REQ chg
>TYPE adan
>ADAN new elan 16 (between 16 and 31)
>CTYP elan
>DES callpilot

>LD 17
>REQ chg
>TYPE vas
>VAS new
>VSID 16 (between 16 and 31)
>ELAN 16 the same as you entered above
>SECU no/yes (Do you use symposuim or not)

i2007

run the config wizard again, minus the languages. Check the config page for the IP addresses and make sure you don't have an octet transposed. I have seen this and been called on this and that seems to be the problem, about 95% of the time.

If you have to change, I have found it better to disable the elnk, then the elan and bring back up after an INI.

I hope this helps.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back