Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Elan Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibceptor

Vendor
Feb 24, 2004
US
I am installing a new option 11 with a Call Pilot, I can ping the Option 11 from the Call Pilot, but the Elan won't come up, it is enabled.

That info is posted above correctly, and the CP does have the correct IP for the PBX.

Some items to check - From Nortel

ELAN does not establish

Cause:
Problem due to use of DNs with leading digits of 0 (zero) on the CP channel agent Pos IDs and Key 1 SCNs.

Fix:

Set CP channel agent position IDs and Key 1 SCNs to 4-digit DNs with a leading digit other than 0 (zero).

What is the subnet mask? What is the gateway, route in ld 117.

What are the CDN's, 1 for voice and 1 for multimedia.

Some items to check - From Nortel

ELAN does not establish

Cause:
Problem due to use of DNs with leading digits of 0 (zero) on the CP channel agent Pos IDs and Key 1 SCNs.

Fix:

Set CP channel agent position IDs and Key 1 SCNs to 4-digit DNs with a leading digit other than 0 (zero).

Probably not the problem.

Then they say make sure you have packages 214, 215, 218.

If this doesn't work, they say check this:

Symptoms:
ELAN will not establish.

LYR 7 down disabled with 0.0.0.0 as IP address.
Cannot ping the switch from the server.
No light on ELAN hub.

Cause:
Faulty ELAN cable.
Fix:
Replace ELAN cable.

But you can ping, so this is probably not it either.

Then they say, check the IP in the config wizard, but you said you did this already....

So then they say to check the ethernet adapter, it could be bad, but I think if it was you wouldn't be able to ping..

Then they have...

Facts:
Callpilot
CallPilot Server
Elan
Can ping server from the switch
Can ping switch IP address

Symptoms:
Elan will not establish
Layer 7 down

Cause:
Incorrect switch IP address defined in Callpilot Telephony

Fix:
Configure switch IP address in telephony service on Callpilot server

These are some items from the Nortel Solution Search. Try these, I hope they help

John

Check your IP adresses. You should work with private IP adresses on you lan if it's not public adresses. You use public IP adresses in a class A subnet when your mask is configured to be on class b subnet. With your mask your IP address should be between 172.16.0.0 and 172.31.255.255. This is a problem relating to ELNK, becuase the ELNK often discard subnet information stored on the system when IP and subnet mismatch.

i2007

Okay I changed the IP on the PBX to 172.16.0.0 and the Call Pilot to 172.16.0.0 and it is still the same.

My ELAN hub seems fine, I have good lights and if I ping or reboot I see the activity on the hub.

I have no leading digits of 0, all are position id's of 15xx and scn of 14xx built on 2008 phones with auto login on.

in the piolet software their is a page where you need the ip address of the box and the next hop (the sever unless your routed) without having the box in front of me i can't be any help finding it..your elan is up and happy. the app doesn't know who it needs to talk to.. are the ast's correct, and all your services running.. did the cp acquire the agent sets? your one field away from perfect

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

in the pilot software their is a page where you need the ip address of the box and the next hop (the sever unless your routed) without having the box in front of me i can't be any help finding it..your elan is up and happy. the app doesn't know who it needs to talk to.. are the ast's correct, and all your services running.. did the cp acquire the agent sets? your one field away from perfect

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Do you still have Meridian Mail connected? Is this a new install?

Ok, what is the active IP address for the PBX, the Elnk?

I guess it's 172.16.0.0 That is the "Call Server" IP Address.

You have that cable, from the Ethernet adapter, plugged into a 3Com hub or something similar.

In the Config wizard, you assigned a static IP address to the server, off your Internal network. For example 10.10.10.25 (CLAN/TLAN). Then you assign a static IP address for the ELAN, let's say you use 172.16.0.10. You will NOT be entering this in the PBX. The PBX will pick this up when you boot Call Pilot up. Also in the Config wizard you put 172.16.0.0 as the "Call Server" Address, or possibly the Switch IP address.

I'm am not trying to sound goofy, but this is how my brain works---goofy. So I have to start at the beginning.

You renamed the Active ELNK address Call Pilot, but that is actually the IP address of the PBX, and you just renamed it Call Pilot (Please let me know if this was your intention). You don't enter the Call Pilot address in the PBX so the above is an assumption on my part.

Let's start here and see if we can't get this working. I haven't run into a call pilot I have not been able to get working.

John

It was my intention to Name it Call Pilot in the PBX so I would know what it is connecting to.

I decided to start over with the Call Pilot and reran the configuration Wiz for the entire process and it is now up and enabled, the acd sets are acquired as is the cdn. Now if I call my mailbox, 6245 from a phone with a known built mailbox it answers but gives no responses, the languages are installed but no voice answers. I guess I am step closer just not done yet.

It is a new install with no MM.

i've had that problem before on a new install.. all i had to do was delete the languages and do a reinstall.. later that day i talked to nortel tech support and they said that was a know problem. wish the book said that..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back