Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EC500 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

landon.mclendon

Technical User
May 24, 2022
US
I'm having a problem with EC500 routing to my Cell phone. Below I've included some of the info I've provided. By all accounts in the trace the call is attempting to be made but my cell does not ring.
off-pbx2_lwcqqa.jpg
off-pbx_oyevrq.jpg

Trace from external number to my desk. ( It appears that the call is being dialed but i get no call to my cell phone)
trace7455_althdl.jpg

However, If i answer the call at my desk then use extend call My cell phone rings. See below trace.
trace7455-3_z5drri.jpg
trace7455-2_z1cmjl.jpg

We also have a VDN that is sent to a vector setup for our team oncall. In the Vector I have my cell listed to be called. If I call the VDN externally the call immediately hangs up but if called internally i get the call to my cell. See below screen shots.

From External number (the call terminates on calling side immediately )
externaltrace7465_klden2.jpg

From Internal number
tracevdn7465_cq6f1c.jpg

I initially thought that my cell phone was blocking the call, but seeing as i can use the extend call feature and it calls find. Also i can call internally to the VDN on call number and received the call from my cell.

Sounds like a carrier issue. The number you out pulse needs to be a DID you own. As test do this. 'change pub'. Setup your extension to out pulse 2015551212. Then call your cell phone. If the call fails its your carrier. If the call completes and the call on your cell phone is coming from 2015551212, then thats not the problem.

That is not the problem. I did a change pub on my station and then called my cell from that same station the number showed to come from 2015551212
chang_pub_vzqgdn.jpg

NJ_fsq1z1.jpg

Here is the trace.
tracenj_v9j1v6.jpg

Any other ideas, as I'm at a loss.

List tra tac on that trunk group that sets up the call to your mobile phone. Maybe something there?
Anything stopping trunk-to-trunk transfers, COR/COS/sys fea?

In my troubleshooting i did a trace on the tac but everything looked normal. The crazy thing is i can call my extension from a personal cell and answer on the deskphone, and the work cell which i have enabled with EC500 doesn't ring. However when i then use the Extend call feature my cell phone rings.

Just a few other steps i've taken. Removing the station adding it back by duplicating a station that is working with EC500. Removing the EC500 configuration for the station

Here is the trace of the tac
tactrace_hx5p4g.jpg

I would think that i wouldn't be able to utilize the extend call feature if there was something blocking trunk to trunk transfers.

Try playing with your config set.

Calling Number Verification? n

Calling number Verfication was set to N. I changed it to Y and did some test calling and did not see a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back