Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Easy? How do you add a patch to TM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadexing

Technical User
Mar 5, 2007
US
I hope this is an easy one and I get spammed with answers. I think it should be.

I want to patch my TM 3.0 server. Where is the Patch Utlity tool? I am unable to log into the web page at this time, and am going directly to the server. Anyone... Anyone... Bueller... Bueller?

-Jade

Start, programs, etc etc etc and you will see the patch utility. The SU's have an a part and a b part which, oddly enough need to be installed in that order.

Don't be logged in to Navigator when you attempt to run the patch util.

Well, now that I know where the patch tool is, I have the software (patch a or b), and when I try to select the file and get it going it says "This patch is not compatible with your current system." I thought this was a comprehensive patch, but I am guessing it's because I don't have any of the others already loaded? I will try to back-track.

jade

I talked to someone at Nortel... apparently they don't have a patch for 3.0?

Baloney...or bologna, whichever you prefer!

300888su1f came out in February.

Nortel Level 1 = firewall

Src=customer/vendor Dst=help Action=drop Filter=deny all

TM3 is at SU02 currently, there are also a half dozen or so other peps for specific issues.

Wow- I kinda wondered...

How do you effectively find stuff on the Nortel website. I was hoping I was onto something when I went to

logged in
Hit the Support and training tab, Technical Support--> Software downloads

Searched on 300888su1f, with software chosen in the box below.

No results found! I thank you both for letting me know they are out there- but how do I find them?

Thanks very much,
jadexing

Try to look for 300888SU2f and not for 300888SU1f.

Or just look for all patches on TM 3.0 and them search for SU2. You will find him!

Jacco.

Or go to and do a search on TM all releases. Don't be too particular in criteria as you will not get ANYTHING. Better to have too many results and sift than none at all.

I think I am denied the proper permissions to get software. So I am nagging my rep...

Thanks everyone-
Jade

Ah- I am so denied. I finally found the place to find PEPs... here's the place to look coutesy of the Nortel website.
Problem Resolution

Fix:
The Enterprise Solutions PEP library is located at
The Enterprise Solutions PEP Library provides online access to Nortel-approved Product Enhancement Package (PEP) solutions for Enterprise products. Formerly known as Meridian PEP Library (MPL), ESPL provides Nortel customers and distributors a means to select the appropriate Enterprise voice patches for specific system configurations. The tools available include the following:
- A Search functionality to view and download PEPs for your system type or application for applicable software releases. (Communication Server 1000; Meridian 1; and multimedia products such as CallPilot, Symposium, OTM).
- PEP Dependency List Tools and Documentation.
- Meridian ISSP Report and Conflict Checker (MIRCC)(for new systems or upgrades)

NOTE: ESPL is available for distributors and certain COAM customers and registration is required at After registering, please call Nortel Technical Support to request access. All other customers seeking patch information, please contact your distributor or a Nortel representative. For North American users, certification is required and can be obtained by attending the Advanced Patch Training course (I.D. 6916AEN).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back