Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EAccessViolation in Call Status 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

twvnet

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2005
US
Installed Call Status from the 3.0.44 version of Admin Apps CD on a Windows Server 2003 system, along with the other Admin Apps (Manager,Monitor). Also installed VM Pro 3.0.15, but to a different partition.
All the Admin apps work except Call Status. Every time we launch Call Status, it fails to launch and pops up an error = EAccessViolation.
Tried uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling the Call Status app. Problem persists.

The logged in user is the local Administrator account on the server,and has membership in the local Administrators group, so there shouldn't be any rights issues.

Anybody seen this problem?

Thanks much!

Tom

Yes, I had this about three weeks ago with same ver and OS etc. Tried everything. In the end I decided to put Call Status on another box.

Don't suppose you're running Delta Server and or CCC on the same server?

I'm not running CCC or Delta Server on this box. Just the basic Admin Suite and VM Pro, both latest versions. Windows Server 2003 is at Service Pack 1 + critical security patches.

Im meaning to try this without 2003 SP1 because there are issues with the security in SP1 causing problems with IPO apps.

Will keep you posted if things get sorted

One of our engineers is now seeing a similar problem with Manager (V%.0(44)) on a laptop running Win 2K pro
has anyone any suggestions (from posts n other forums I suspect the .net framework instalation may be to blame)

I have the same on win2003SP1 server, it could very well be the .NET wich mess up but i don't think so.
I did not spent any time on it because i use my laptop with XPSP2 for call monitoring.
maybe next week i'll dive in to this one, if i find anything i post it here.

Install the Servicepack for the .NET environment and the problem will dissapear.

Turn off Data Execution Prevention. You may be able to add Call Status without turning off the entire feature.

System Properties>Performance Options>Data Execution Prevention

On the 2003 Server - Here is the fix

My Computer > Properties
Advanced Tab > Performance/Settings
Data Execution Prevention Tab

DEP is turned on by default with a blank exception list. Click the other choice to build an exception list.

Click Add...
Locate your copy of Manager.exe

Mine was in C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Manager\Manager.exe

Do the same for others you are having issues with

Click Apply > OK > OK

You should now be able to execute the Call Status monitor and run it like you used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back