Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E129 Sip phones lock up on a daily basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinjoe2938

Programmer
Apr 10, 2013
US

Hello was hoping for some help with these new E129 sip phones, running IP Office v2 9 0 3 (941) load, have 5 9611g phones working with no issue however I have 49 e129 sip phones that lock up on a daily basis. Not all phones lock up, about 8 to 10 a day, when you look at the display on the phone all looks normal however can not make or receive any calls, voice mail, station to station or any external call gets a fast busy when dialed. If I reboot the phone this will resolve the issue until 24 hours later, and it's not always the same phones doing this so no set pattern to go on such as a hardware issue, by the way here is what I think may be causing the issues, but wanted your opinions on this, this site consist of a high school with a middle school and an elementary school all on a flat network yes flat network. The install was done at the high school only but as stated all schools are using the same resources so any help would be most appreciated, sorry for being long winded here.

It sounds like the phones are loosing Registration
Or
Are unable to Re-Register

Does the school have a "Computer Lab"?
Maybe:
IP Address conflict
Rouge Router on the network

Consider changing the e129cfg.txt file:
# Register Expiration (in minutes). Default is 60. Max about 45 days
# Number: 1 - 64800
# Mandatory
P32 = 60 <<< Change to 5 (minutes)

# Reregister Before Expiration (in seconds). Default is 0 second
# Number: 0 - 64800
# Mandatory
P2330 = 0 <<< Change to 30 (seconds)

They appear to be working until you make a call then receive a fast busy, I currently have an open case with Avaya on this. Heading out to site today to capture a monitor trace.

I have one on my desk for three weeks and use it on a regular base without a problem and we don't have the most stable network, no VLAN, no Qos etc.

You have a Belgium network :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I will let you know what the root cause is as soon as we figure it out

50 years behind but still going strong (Belgium network)

I still remember some jobs where i was flabbergasted :)
But somehow i have good memories and specially that job at the chocolate factory while it was snowing outside heavily.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi,

We've just been installing around 1000 of these handsets and the issue around them freezing randomly occurs for us too. The netwrk has been checked and all is fine.

Did you ever get a response from Avaya regarding this issue?

Thanks

yes it turned out to be the customers firewall, replaced and have had no further issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back