Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

E129 Keypad locking function doesn't want to be disabled in cfg.xml 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearjunkie

Programmer
Sep 27, 2016
NL
Hi,

I have a issue with the E129 phone. A customer wants the setting "Enable STAR key Keypad locking" switched off.
According to the cfg.xml this parameter should be changed from 1 to 0.

IPO 9.1.7.0 build 163
E129 Firmware version: 1.25.2.26

# Enable STAR key Keypad locking. 0 - No, 1 - Yes. Default is 1
# Number: 0, 1
# Mandatory
<P1382>1</P1382>

Test 1:
I changed the parameter to:
<P1382>0</P1382>

Test 2:
I changed the parameter to:

Both without succes. Function stays enabled. (keep pressing starkey enables lock)
I tested the config on language change and that works so the config is loaded into the phone.

Is this a bug or am I missing a thing here ;)

Can't you also disable this by web browsing into the e129 phone itself?

Yes, changing the setting "Enable STAR Key Keypad Locking" to "NO" in the Web Gui, disables de keypad locking. The problem with this option is, we have over 100 phone sets to change ;)

Are you're phones downloading the file or just using the default setting?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

As mentioned: I tested the config on language change and that works so the config is loaded into the phone. (cfg.xml)

After some final tests I managed to solve this issue.
The cfg.xml should be changed as follow: (I used XML Notepad)

>
In the trhee view:
(select the parameter position -in this case P1382- and add)

P1382
#text 0
>

Save the changes and upload the file.

When you reboot or restart the phone, it needs a view seconds after complete startup for the changes to take effect. So be patient, as I was not ;)

Thanks to everyone who responded!

I am having same issue and am trying to modify the XML file as stated above but, not sure I have it correct

The original string I tried before I saw this post looked like this and it did not work

# Enable STAR key Keypad locking. 0 - No, 1 - Yes. Default is 1
# Number: 0, 1
# Mandatory
<P1382>1</P1382>

I saw this post and am confused as to how string should look can anyone clarify the above fix?

>
In the trhee view:
(select the parameter position -in this case P1382- and add)

P1382
#text 0
>

Thanks

Hi @NYSTECH

Are you using XML Notepad to modify the file?

No Just trying it in word pad. I have made other changes to the file without it but if I need to use it I can

It should be <P1382>1</P1382> if enabled and <P1382>0</P1382> if disabled.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I finally got it. I user an xml editor and added the string in then rebooted a couple of the phones and it seems to have done the trick.. Should have done that the 1st time instead on word pad.. Thanks for the input beers on me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back