Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD drive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenMeans

Vendor
Mar 6, 2003
US
Has anyone had trouble with the DVD drives on the S3500 servers? i have 2 that are dead and will not do anything any longer. I have been waiting for TAC for 3 days now.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I've had issues on S3400 MSS running R3 where the ram drive will stop responding(like it's completely dead)to the button on the drive when trying to eject or reinsert the backup ram drives. When this happens on the MSS I eject the media by going to Utilities/Software Mangement/cd.dvd tools/eject media. Also after a reboot of the MSS the drives generally will begin responding to the button again.

S3500 MSS DVD drive won't open. Worked once after a reboot but has since quit. Have a ticket in with Avaya to replace drive but I don't think that is the problem. Developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back