Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DUN loses passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

reidsolberg

Technical User
Dec 24, 2002
CA
I'm running XP Pro on one box (no SP1) and I have two user accounts, both of them in the "administrator group". I use a single dial-up Internet account. When I originally set up the account, I selected the option to save the username and password for all users. Every time I go to connect on either account, the username and password fields are blank. What can I do about this?

Reid

delete the dial-up account(s) and recreate them. The solution is out there. [morning]

I should have mentioned that I've already tried deleting/recreating the account several times. Also notably, this problem occured on a previous installation on this machine, and on the current installation, I pulled a Winmodem and installed a good USR 56K ISA. I tried it again, with no result. I entered the username and password into the connection settings of Internet Options, that solved the problem until I rebooted. Now I've got blank fields again. What should I do?

Reid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back