Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 7 (64 bit) loses internet connection periodically

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGJ

Programmer
Jan 31, 2005
CA
Hello,
We have recently added a Windows 7 64 bit machine to our network. Periodically the machine loses its internet connection as well as any external db connections. When this happens the machine still says it is connected to the network with "Internet access". Also, I am still able to RDC to other machines in the network when this happens.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
Thanks.

Is the 32bit also using Dell software[dell control point manager]?
May be a virus on the share.
Is it the same switch

MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCTS, MCP+I, MCP

I'm not an expert on the Domain side of things, for sure, but It's got me wondering - Are you SURE there is nothing on the domain server side that is having issues/difficulties in dealing with the new Windows 7 machines? Perhaps an older Windows Server OS is having issues with allowing Win7 machines to stay connected? I'm only saying this b/c of what you mentioned earlier about how you could RDP other machines, but couldn't access network shares or the Internet. Depending upon your network/server setup, those would all be routed differently.

Couldn't get that last link to load at work, but it sounds like it could be at least somewhat related.

Both from this Google search

I just wanted to update this thread with my solution. We were using a McAfee SCM Appliance for SPAM filtering. When we got rid of this appliance the problem went away. Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back