Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DTMF Tones Not Recognized On Outbound Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAAPhoneBrad

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
Hello All,
I have a customer that has a 412 that we upgraded to 4.1.12 on Friday. We thought everything was ok but we found out today that when they make an outbound call (on PRI) and get a voice mail tree or anything that they need to press digits for the digits are not recognized.

So if a user of the 412 calls somewhere and needs to dial someones extension they can't. The user hears the DTMF tones but the other side doen not hear/recognized them. I know I have heard of this issue but have no idea how to resolve it.

The system was at release 3.1 before the upgrade to 4.1.12.

Any Ideas?

I'm not familiar with the 412s, but did you do the intermediate upgrade to 3.2(999)?

Did you upgrade the DG modules to 3.2.99 before upgrading to 4.1.12? If you don't you can have this issue

ACS- IPOffice Implement

I will go back to 3.2.99 then back up to 4.1.12 and see if that clears it up. I don;t think my guy went to 3.2.99 first so that's might be it. I will let you know.
Thanks,
Brad

We had this problem after upgrading to a IP500.

The solution was to downgrade, then upgrade. However, in our case, since it was not working ONLY from a DS30 30 port expansion module, it was only necessary to downgrad/upgrade the DS30 ONLY. You can upgrade firmware for each component individually. This was helpful since we did not have to take the whole phone system down.

It was only a problem on phones connected to the DS30 30 port expansion module. We also have a 8 port digital station card. Phones connected to the internal card WORK. (Note: only newer phones such as 5410/5420 work on the 8 port card. 4406/4412 are NOT compatible)

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back