Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DST 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

minxca

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
CA
Hi,

Anybody has solution for exchange 2000 with DST? We are planning to ugprade to 2007 & vista next year but I guess we have to make it this summer.

Our company plans on ignoring the problem for the few weeks that it will cause the problem. Microsoft told me yesterday that it would cost $4,000 dollars for the hotfix(es) (down from $40,000)... We are upgrading Exchange but it won't happen until middle of this year.

We are in the same boat as RedTech where we are planning on upgrading but it won't be until about the middle of the year when our budjet will allow.

Right now we are trying to figure out the best way to handle this issue. Both of our Domain Controllers are set to sync their time with an atomic clock every morning so will this be sufficient on the day of the DST change?

I am just wondering how Exchange will handle this since our Exchange box does sync its time with our Domain Controller.

Mandy
MCP/A+/Network+

The problem isn't the actual time on the systems, it's the way that appointments are stored in Outlook/Exchange.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.
The poster formerly known as lander215

What if I use the tzedit.exe utility provided by Microsoft to adjust the settings for daylight saving time?

Mandy
MCP/A+/Network+

Honestly, if you'll read the blog and follow the links, you'll find out everything that you'll need to know and how to do it and where to do it from...it's all there. There's no need in reiterating here what's already taken care of elsewhere.

Well since the blog is geared toward an Exchange 2003 box and I have an Exchange 2000 box then it doesn't answer all of my questions.

I have found a utility to change the time zone information for the 2000 operating system itself (which I have already applied) and I have also found the Outlook time zone update tool that I will need to run on the clients but then it talks about the Exchange Server 2003 update tool but there isn't such a tool for Exchange 2000.

Mandy
MCP/A+/Network+

There will be a Time Zone Editor tool from MS, it is not available yet

I used the tzedit.exe on this Exchange server but I didn't know if this would be sufficient or not. I know this should cause the time to change on the correct date but I don't know if this will take care of the issues with Exchange or not.

Mandy
MCP/A+/Network+

I have ran the time zone update tool for Outlook on some of my users pc's but I am just wondering about the update I keep hearing for Exchange itself.

Mandy
MCP/A+/Network+

how about if we don't apply any patches and just change the clock on the servers manually? I think if we do it this way, only effect OWA users?

Why does that not apply to E2K Enterprise edition?

I hope so...and I'll report back next week when I begin my DST work if it is or not.

I have my E2K7 box and all that, but I just don't have the time to migrate before the DST hits. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back