Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DSP ON CPMG 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appuind

Technical User
Jun 30, 2011
SA
The CPMG card contains non removable DSP resources. How about the VGW Channels in Rls. 7.5 . How to configure the VGW Channels in this case? Can anybody help me out. Do we need to configure the T-Lan IP Add. for the DSP Ports as we do in Rls. 6.0 and if so how to do this.

If it's a CPMG with 128 dsp's, then you program them starting with card slot 11. For instance loop 0-0-11-0 thru 0-0-14-0. Yes it does need a T-lan IP address for the dsp's.

Texan01
Thanks for the reply.
Now i have cpmgs card at my site and it is a new installation.
Can you pls. give me an idea about from which port i will configure the cp part and the mgs part. What i understand is.... to configure the cp part i will use the tty1 port on the cpmgs card and port 0 of the serial port for mgs part. Am i rigt????????
Pls. respond to me as soon as you can.

That is correct, use the serial port on the back of the cabinet for the MGC portion and use TTY 1 on the front for the CS part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back