Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DRG's and analogue phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastanswer73

Technical User
Nov 15, 2007
GB
I have two DRG's that have been programmed to work with two fax machines, a franking machine and a BT answer machine. The fax machines and the franking machine all work but I cannot get a basic phone or an answermachine to work. I've unplugged one of the working fax machines and plugged in an analogue handset but that doesn't work although the fax does when I plug it back in. The codec's are set at G711A. Does anyone know if I need to change any settings as I cannot see anything that differentiates between fax tone and voice on the configuration. Thanks

what do you mean with "it doesn't work"? incoming or outgoing call? do you receive dialtone? ...

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

I mean no dial tone, no incoming and no outgoing calls. Absolutely nothing at all.

weird, and you can send and receive faxes?

Yep, send and receive faxes. The phone handset on the fax machine has a dial tone but when I plug a basic known-working analogue handset into the same socket I get nothing.

Hi,
When you are using fax and T.38 you don't get dialtone.
You have to decide if you shall use the DRG as fax or voice-extension.
e.g.
Line 1 for voice
Line 2 for fax T.38

None of the faxes are set to T38 fax yet they work. If I ring the number that is programmed for voice it doesn't ring on the DRG yet if I ring the fax number I get through to the fax.

don't use the T38 setting. what firmware are you running on the DRG?

T38 setting not on.

Product info below:

Product info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: DRG-22
Mac address: 00:0f:5d:f0:28:3b
Serial number: N/A
Product number: KDU137006/111
Product revision: R9A
Production week: 07w31
Default configuration: R1D
Downloader revision: cxc_132_4888-R2A21
Reported download status: 0x0
Main software revision: DMA0024-R2G289
Operator defaults revision: DRG22i_MD-ELU32_C_UK.INI

Measure the line voltage on the a/b pair to the phone, and ensure that the line voltage drops to approx. 7 volts when you lift the handset. Just to ensure that you don't haveany problems with the RJ connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back