Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dream Classroom Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallbarb

Instructor
Mar 19, 2002
US
I was recently asked what my "dream classroom" would look like. I thought I'd pose that same question to users of this forum. It will be interesting to see what other instructors think would constitutes a state-of-the-art facility. Thanks!

Hello tallbarb,

I'm definitely a "Whiteboard" kind of Instructor. So, if a whiteboard could be used as a computer monitor, so I could mark on it and move the "mouse" and select menu items, etc. I would be very happy.

Otherwise my "dream classroom" would have to be a room full of people that are ready and wanting to learn and all at the same knowledge level. Of course I am dreaming ;-)

Regards,
Michael

My dream classroom would have a large table with chairs and a whiteboard at one end. There would be a room to the side where CBT Computers would be located. There would be a DVD and CD Burner and a Digital Video Camera to make Training videos. There would be a VCR and monitor and a shelf full of Tapes, CD's and DVD's. There would also be a Source of Shop Air (150 psi) and all neccesary tools and equipment for hands-on training.
PS I am responsible for training 168 Technical Support persons (Maintenance Techs & Engineers) in a large manufacturing Company.

Call center here....

1. I want an application like NetSupport School on the training systems to push presentations and live demos to my class while locking them out from browing the web and allowing me to take control of thier system instead of squeezing inbetween people to show someone how do do something.

2. A 2000+ Lumens projector from a drop that is easy for the people in the back of the class to see.

3. Instructor PC in the back of the room to observe agent progress through hands on activities with DVDR.

4. Virtual Phone simulator application that allows one employee to call another in class for role plays.

5. A GIANT whiteboard. On the fly Technical drawings can take up a lot of space....

A white board with connectivity to the interent (smart board), and all multimedia stations (with broadband internet connection) facing the walls. Tables in the center to which we can roll our chairs if we need to have class discussions. A separate room thermostat accessible by one with no overrides to keep the room cool (are there cooling systems for ceilings?) , the latest versions of all software, and all stations in working order. Ah, yes, and eager students!
happy.gif
. Does anyone care to add to my list?

My dream classroom would have:
Well regulated temperature (There would be no need to bring three layers of clothes to get through a day). :p
Coffee, water, note pads, and pens on a table in the back.
A good projector.
Lights that adjust to make the screen clear but do not darken the room too much.
Each station would have plenty of room for the student to take notes and adjust the keyboard height if needed.
New computers and fully adjustable chairs.
At the end of each day the room would be ghosted back to a clean image with all the needed software loaded.
Internet access for all, but the instructor station would be able to take control of all student machines if needed (I had that in one classroom - it's really nice for demos).
A whiteboard with new markers.

anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back