Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DR5 MICS Not Holding Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

swozi2004

Technical User
Aug 5, 2004
US
I recently replaced the main "sleave" because the battery was not holding the programming after losing power. The system lost power the other day and it again lost the programming. Is the DR5 switch "on its last leg" or is there something else I should be looking at? Tks.

I this a 5.0 MICS or 8x24 DR5, either way, was the ram cartridge new, used or rebuilt? The average life of these things is 4 to 7 years depending on you power situation.

It's an 8X24 DR5 and the cartridge is either new or rebuilt (im not sure which). Could the cartridge be defective?

It's possible, there should be a sticker on it with a production date. If the warranty expiry date is a few years old chances are it is rebuilt and I would try a different one. That is the only thing that holds user programming.

An easier and possibly cheaper solution would be to install a battery backup that would support the system for up to 1 hour during a power failure.

I was told there is a battery on the main core and a battery in the sleave. Is this true? I think the best thing to do at this point is see the customer a used MICS & toss the 8x24.

Yes there is - but, as you found out, these batteries have a limited life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back