Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DPNSS with ONEBOX 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

meltitdown

Technical User
Apr 24, 2003
NZ
Does anyone have an example of the route parameters / ASPAC' / SID's (or other) which give good results for BC11sp13 running Onebox over DPNSS?

The system in question works with the exception of MWI. The MD rejects the MWI notification call from onebox. (from the Trace tool in onebox).

Hi meltitdown

I do!
Please contact me.
You have my address.
BR doktor

meltitdown!

I need some printouts from your MD110.
Remember that Onebox does not like SID's that only conatin one digit.
We have experienced that using e.g. SID=7, did get the MWI to work.
Use instead two digits for SID, e.g. SID=11.
We tokk some time to work this out!

Have a nice day.

Best regards doktor

Hi Doktor

unfortunately I was already using SID 21. It doesn't seem to work still. I thought it might be a trunk setting problem.

Can you post some printout for:
ROCAP:ROU="DPNSS to Onebox";
RODAP:ROU="DPNSS to Onebox";
RODDP:DEST="DPNSS to Onebox";
ICFUP;
VMFUP;
VMPOP;
ICMWP:SID=21;
ASPAP:pARNUM=88;

BR doktor

<ROCAP:ROU=75;
ROUTE CATEGORY DATA
ROU SEL TRM SERV NODG DIST DISL TRAF SIG BCAP
75 011000001000001 5 0010000007 0 30 128 03151515 011100000011 111111

END

<RODAP:ROU=75;
ROUTE DATA
ROU TYPE VARC VARI VARO FILTER
75 TL50 H'00000001 H'00000000 H'00000000 NO

END

<RODDP:DEST=7585;
EXTERNAL DESTINATION ROUTE DATA
DEST DRN ROU CHO CUST ADC TRC SRT NUMACK PRE
7585 75 050500000000025000000000 0 1 0

END

<ICFUP;
INFORMATION COMPUTER COMMON FUNCTIONS DATA
UPDATING START TIME IS 01:30
MESSAGE WAITING FUNCTIONALITY IS ALL
INFORMATION COMPUTER EQUIPMENT DATA
IFCIND IODEV EQU RATE DFMT UPDFCN PARITY CCHECK
1 001-2-73-0 4800 5 YES EVEN NO
TXC=NO FILLER=64 ICEXG=NONE
2 001-1-73-2 9600 5 NO EVEN YES
TXC=YES FILLER=32 ICEXG=NONE
3 002-1-73-0 1200 5 YES EVEN YES
TXC=YES FILLER=32 ICEXG=NONE
END

<VMFUP;
VOICE MAIL FUNCTION DATA
IFCIND VMF POFMT
3 EXTN2 2
END

<VMPOP;
VOICE MAIL PORT DATA
DIR PORT IFCIND
6840 01 3
6841 02 3
6842 03 3
6843 04 3
6844 05 3
6845 06 3
6846 07 3
6847 08 3
6848 09 3
6849 10 3
6850 11 3
6851 12 3
6852 13 3
6853 14 3
6854 15 3
6855 16 3
VOICE MAIL GROUP DATA
GRP IFCIND
7575 3
END

<ICMWP:SID=21;
INFORMATION COMPUTER MESSAGE WAITING DATA
SID DTXT KFCN DIG
21 B5BSB21B MWC 7585
END

<ASPAP:pARNUM=88;
APPLICATION SYSTEM PARAMETERS
PARNUM PARVAL
88 1
END

Hi meltitdown

I will dig deeper into the RO*** commands.
BUT to the RS232 data link commands I have the following comments:

You could increase the data speed of the datalink up to 9600 baud: ICFUC:IFCIND=3,RATE=9600;
This has also to be done in the Onebox's end.

I would change the ICMWP:SID=21; into the setting below for a nicer look in the digital telephones displays:
ICMWC:SID=21,DTXT=7585,KFCN=MWC,DIG=7585;

BR doktor

What is the signifcance of increasing the data rate? With DPNSS all the intergration is contained in the DPNSS signalling?

Hi meltitdown

Increasing the data speed will give a better perfomance as the "data packets" are not lost.
Running 1200 bps on a separate NIU board to a voice mail system with high traffic will give buffer overflow.
So, I recommend to increase to at least 9600 bps.

With DPNSS all the intergration is contained in the DPNSS signalling? --->
No, e.g. MEW lamp lightning will be taken care of with RS232.

I will in the next post paste the LME voice mail protocol.
BR doktor

Hi meltitdown

Here is the LME voice mail protocol.
It is possible to sniff the RS232 and see the signals.
STX06 gives info on the MEW lamp lighting.

2.1.5 Protocol
The signals exchanged between the voice mail system and the PABX consist of the following parts:

STX
Start of text character.

V
A 2 to 5-digit voice mail port number (voice channel) which defines a voice channel input in a voice mail system.

T or D
A 2 to 10-digit directory number in the system.

SS
A 2-digit information system number which defines in which information system there is a message waiting for the extension. (00 is reserved for the interception computer system).

CR
Carriage Return character.

LF
Line Feed character.

PUB
A-party number received from the public network (20 digits).

Via command it is possible to select to use/not to use data flow checks (XON/XOFF-protocol).

Via command it is possible to select to have different levels of voice mail functionality.

Via command, it is possible to select signalling sequences for sending call information from the PABX to the voice mail system.

Via a certain function, specific signals are used from the PABX to the voice mail system. The voice mail system shall be capable of accepting the following signal:

STX 54 CR LF
The PABX requests updating from the voice mail system, i.e. indicate message waiting, for relevant extensions.

2.1.5.1 Signal format over Ethernet
All signals between PABX and the information system in the following sections are preceded by character SOH and signal tag K when sent over the Ethernet.

Every signal sent will be responded by the receiving side with an acknowledgement signal. All signals are tagged with a tag number K. The same tag number is returned in the acknowledgement signal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example:

Signal Non Ethernet format Ethernet format
Initial update STX 54 CR LF SOH K STX 54 CR LF
and the acknowledgement signal from the receiving side is:
SOH K STX 93 CR LF

where K = tag number (000 - 255) and 93 is the acknowledgement code.

The signal sending side time-supervises the handshake procedure. If the expected acknowledgement signal is not received within 10 seconds, the signal sent is considered lost and is sent again with the same tag number. At the receiving side, if the new signal that it receives carries the same tag number as the last received signal, it assumes the last acknowledgement signal has been lost. It will acknowledge the current signal, but will not repeat any action taken for the previous signal.

The tag number K is reset to 000 whenever there is a restart condition at the signal sending side. Tag number 000 is reserved for restart condition so that the receiving side will accept the signal with tag number 000 as a new signal.

2.1.5.2 The following signals are sent if the standard function is used:
STX 80 T V CR LF
Diverted call

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming diverted call to an extension with directory number T.

STX 81 D V CR LF
Direct internal call

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming, direct, internal call from an extension or PABX operator with directory number D. In the standard function the voice mail system detects the call origin (internal or external) by the type of ring cadence.

2.1.5.3 The following signals are sent if the extended or extended level 2 function is used:
STX 82 D V CR LF
Direct internal call from extension or PABX operator

Voice channel V has been seized for: an incoming direct internal call from an extension possessing directory number D, a direct call from PABX operator with directory number D and no connected party, or a direct call from PABX operator with directory number D and a connected party that was not diverted or rerouted to the PABX operator.

STX 83 D T V CR LF
Diverted internal call

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming diverted internal call to an extension with directory number T from an extension or PABX operator with directory number D.

STX 84 V CR LF
Direct external call

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming direct external call.

STX 85 T V CR LF
Diverted external call

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming diverted external call to an extension with directory number T.

STX 86 T V CR LF
Direct call from PABX operator with connected party.

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming direct call from a PABX operator with connected party. The party connected to the PABX operator has been diverted or rerouted to the PABX operator in conjunction with a call to an extension with directory number T.

STX 89 V CR LF
Order to clear down the voice channel.

The party who has had speech connection with the voice mail system on voice channel V has cleared down.

2.1.5.4 If the extended level 2 function is used, the following signals are sent in addition to the signals sent for the extended function:
STX 91 D T V CR LF
Diverted internal call no answer

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming diverted internal call to an extension with directory number T from an extension or PABX operator with directory number D. The called extension is diverted at no answer.

STX 92 D T V CR LF
Diverted internal call busy

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming diverted internal call to an extension with directory number T from an extension or PABX operator with directory number D. The called extension is diverted at busy.

STX 93 CR LF
Acknowledgement message (for all types of voice mail systems with Ethernet connection)

The PABX informs the voice mail system that it has received the current message and it is ready to receive the next message.

STX 94 T V CR LF
Diverted external call no answer

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming diverted external call to an extension with directory number T. The called extension is diverted at no answer.

STX 95 T V CR LF
Diverted external call busy

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming diverted external call to an extension with directory number T. The called extension is diverted at busy.

STX 98 CR LF
Heartbeat check

The heartbeat check is sent periodically to the voice mail system.

STX 99 CR LF
Heartbeat response

The heartbeat response is sent in response to heartbeat check signal from the voice mail system.

2.1.5.5 If the extended level 3 function is used, the following signals are sent in addition to the signals sent for the extended level 2 function:
STX 87 PUB V CR LF
Direct external call with calling number:

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming direct external call from a user with number PUB.

STX 88 PUB T V CR LF
Diverted external call with calling number:

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming diverted external call to an extension with directory number T, from a user with number PUB.

STX 96 PUB T V CR LF
Diverted on no answer external call with calling number:

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming diverted external call to an extension with directory number T from a user with number PUB. The called extension is diverted on no answer.

STX 97 PUB T V CR LF
Diverted on busy external call with calling number:

Voice channel V has been seized for an incoming diverted external call to an extension with directory number T, from a user with number PUB. The called extension is diverted on busy.

2.1.5.6 The PABX can receive the following signals from the voice mail system when standard, extended, extended level 2, or extended level 3 function is used:
STX 02 CR LF
This is an acknowledgement message - sent in reply to STX 54 CR LF - which means that the voice mail system is ready to update the message waiting information of the PABX by sending a number of STX 06 for the extensions concerned. STX 02 can also be received spontaneously if the voice mail system requests updating.

STX 03 CR LF
Updating completed (see STX 02).

STX 04 CR LF
Request from an external information system to start a PABX ordered update of message diversion/message waiting missions. This request enables the PABX to remove all message diversion/message waiting missions before updating the PABX from the external information system.

STX 06 T SS CR LF
Indicate that extension T has a message waiting for him/her in message system SS.

STX 07 T SS CR LF
Erase the message waiting indication for extension T and message system SS.

STX 93 CR LF
Acknowledgement message (for Ethernet connection only)

The voice mail system informs the PABX that it has received the current message and it is ready to receive the next message.

2.1.5.7 The PABX can receive the following additional signals from the voice mail system when extended level 2 or 3 function is used:
STX 98 CR LF
Heartbeat check

The heartbeat check is sent periodically from the voice mail system.

STX 99 CR LF
Heartbeat response

The heartbeat response is sent from the PABX in response to heartbeat check signal.

Hi again

I can see no errors in the RO*** printouts...
BR doktor

There is no ICU / NIU connection set up for this one box system. The ICU connection in these prints is for our old VM system.

The setup of onebox implies it is all handled in the DPNSS signalling similar to a tie line MWI?

Hi meltitdown

I tried to ask around in our company, but OneBox is only sold analogue lines or with CAS extension (TLU76/3).
In the mentioned cases ICU2 or NIU (V24/LAN) has to be used.
DPNSS includes all signalling concerning A,B,C number,
forwarding info and MWI info.

BR doktor

I have just installed AVst's voicemail system with DPNSS. This system is what One Box is based on. We are at BC12.

The following settings work.

ROU SEL TRM SERV NODG DIST DISL TRAF SIG BCAP
00 0120000000000010 5 2110030000 0 30 128 00151515 111100000011 001100

END

ROU TYPE VARC VARI VARO FILTER
00 TL50 H'00000001 H'00000000 H'00000000 NO

END

DEST DRN ROU CHO CUST ADC TRC SRT NUMACK PRE
0000 00 0605000000000250000000000 0 1 0

END

* Route and Dest info removed.

The RS232 settings are a "red herring" as they are not required when using DPNSS.

I found out about the red herring...

BR doktor

Thanks for your example Alchohas...

unfortunately it doesn't help...Ericsson released a patch for onebox 4.01 but it doesn't fix it either. something is up with the signaling but I guess I will leave it for Domovo...

thanks

In the documentation folder on the Onebox DVD, there is an integration document.
If you follow this you shouldn't go wrong.
Please note these area guide only and the parameters maybe different on your switch. The main thing for MWI to work is the SID code. make sure it is 2 gigits eg 01.

I have completed lots of CallXpress(the product Ericsson Badged) installations and I have had no problems getting MWI to work.

hi,

we have the same problem too. (BC12 + OB4.0)
we did some traces on TLP50 and noticed that onebox is NOT sending MWI in the call. we have a OB3 running on DPNSS and MWI working. we have a Metrix open and E/// confirmed it as a fault. we are waiting for fault resolution...

to meltidown, did you already got response from damovo (UK I suppose)

--------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get

Hi Whosrdaddy

I got a software patch from E/// for this which is suppose to solve it. (OB4.01) but it didn't make any difference. Now they suggest rebuilding from scratch with the new version instead upgrading 4.00 to 4.01

Another High quality ericsson software solution. (I was begining to like OB.)

The intergration document is a mess. It's got parameters for BC 9 or something. Not too hard to make a couple examples when you are paying 25000 euros for the basic telephony server.

I think the intergration document should have an example firstly for each release it supports and also Driver versions for each hardware config. No one seems to be able to tell me what drivers I should be using with the PCI DPNSS adapter which came with the OB server. Here it should be clear OS version SP revision, OB version, hardware Driver revision, TLU76/2 revision, BC release. I guess this is information held by someone....

WhosrDaddy,

The driver for the PCI Dialogic board, you only need a .inf file which that list the board under Other devices as a PCI device.

I can email you the file if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back