Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downgrade MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Has anyone been lucky enough to downgrade an MICS without the system id changing, if so how did you do it? I have a customer that just picked up an MICS with XC and both combo cards. He does not need 2 combo cards so he was going to move one to another location where he does need it. The system does have the PRI code in it so I told him I would see if anyone has been able to do it but I myself have not. Anytime I've downgraded it did change the system id.

Same experience here, Hawks. Pull out expansion card = Jan 1 every time........

is there any way to log in and view the codes prior to pulling the card to down load

There is no way to down grade (software or hardware) and not loose system ID.

There is no way to view the codes either, but it would not help since the ID changes therefore codes deemed useless.

As for the CICS if you do a startup you should get the system ID back within 10 startup tries.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back